• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

basketball update!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ranchwife

Reaction score
Last night, our high school girls defeated Manhattan Christian 43-38!! Gus/Demo Driver had 6 points, 5 assists and half dozen rebounds....not bad for only being 5'4" when playing girls almost 6'!!! will get pictures out soon! Tonight, they play Three Forks who is #1 in the state with a record of 9-1 and whose average height is 6'!! :eek: The game starts at 3:00 and will let all of you know when I get home!! Wish us luck!! If we finish in the top 3, we go onto Divisional in Helena the first weekend in March...just as the hubby gets going big in calving! :(

Razzing can be fun....

Last year, I was talking to a friend of mine in Oklahoma. He is nearly retirement age and out of the blue I said, "Terry, you remember one room schoolhouses don't you?" He looked at me and said, "Why yes I do."

Then I said, "Well, Gonzaga is a one room college. How, did Oklahoma State get beat by them?"

Was kinda fun,

PPRM

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
our girls got a pretty good clobbering tonight against 3 forks.....it is bad enough to lose, but when the coach of the opposing team keeps her starting players in against our "benchwarmers" right until the last second only for the purpose of running up the score.....poor sportsmanship!!! :mad: they had us beat by over 30 points at the beginning of the final quarter, for God's sake!!! At least Coach Armitage had the decency to play ALL of our girls so that they could get some playing time!! My Gus had 7 points, quite a few rebounds and a few steals to boot!! Tomorrow night, we play loser-out against Manhattan (NOT the same team we beat last night)....if we win, we will play in the consolation round to see if we get to advance to Divisionals in Helena!! Believe me...my fingers (and toes...and eyes) are crossed!!! :wink:

GOOD LUCK ...I am sure yall will go to Helena :D :D :D :D
Dont worry about what the other coach does the kids see it and KNOW its wrong.....all the kids do. Good sportmenship always wins in the end.

MsSage said:
GOOD LUCK ...I am sure yall will go to Helena :D :D :D :D
Dont worry about what the other coach does the kids see it and KNOW its wrong.....all the kids do. Good sportmenship always wins in the end.

My heart simply broke for the girls!!! :cry: Even the fans and parents of the 3Forks team were pretty humble and quiet after the "massacre"!! Alot of them went past our girls and told them what a good effort they had put in...of course, my Gus was pretty crushed...she always puts the burden of a loss on her tiny shoulders!!

Ohh i've been on the bad end of some hockey whippings-what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Whenever my team gets way up we play our third line on the powerplay or move some defence up to forward etc. That Three Forks coach will have a team that quits on him their first tough test-I've seen that play out many times over the years.

thanks a million for all of your kind words of encouragement!!! :D Gonna have to let the demo driver see this so that she can keep her chin up for tonights game (at 7:30) against Manhattan!!!! I don't think she slept real well lastnight....kept replaying the game over and over and wondering "what she could have done" to change the outcome!! :?

I hate watching basketball-except when my daughters are playing then I get right into it lol. I never played it myself-something about me being short,fat and slow but I'm slowly getting it. Your daughter sounds like a coaches dream though everybody loves a real gamer. Just tell her she'll have wins and losses her entire life-it's how you win and lose them that matters.

Northern Rancher said:
I hate watching basketball-except when my daughters are playing then I get right into it lol. I never played it myself-something about me being short,fat and slow but I'm slowly getting it. Your daughter sounds like a coaches dream though everybody loves a real gamer. Just tell her she'll have wins and losses her entire life-it's how you win and lose them that matters.

I am usually one of those folks in the stands that tries to behave, but have a tendency myself to "get right into it" when my girl plays!! :shock: I loved basketball when I was in school, but never felt i was good enough to play on a team!! Right now, we are already talking about next year's team (my daughter will be a high school senior) and how much talent we have up and coming!! Thanks for your encouragement....we leave around 3:00 so we can watch the boys play...I am gonna have to show all these postings to gus so she can go over with a GOOD attitude!!! :D

Latest posts