• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bay gelding

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sp

Reaction score
I purchased a nice, unregistered bay gelding a few years ago that supposedly came from the South Dakota area. The horse has a rocking K brand on his left shoulder.

He is a nice horse and would be interested in knowing who raised him and if they may have others like him for sale.

Can't tell you anything about the horse, but in my 1990 brand book it's a left shoulder horse brand registered to YuYonne O. Knapp, HCR 89 Box 216, Hermosa, SD. Maybe some one else can tell you more.

There is a rancher named Don Knapp at Hermosa. You can probably call information and get the number. He'd be fine to call up out of the blue, he's a heck of a nice guy. If he isn't the Knapp who raised the horse, I bet he will know who is.

Good luck and let us know if you find who you are looking for. We love a mystery here on ranchers.net!!!

Yvonne was quite an old cowboy. He died this spring. I think he only had daughters. Bruce Simmons out of Box Elder would be the one who would probably know the most about the horse. I'll try and pm you with his number.

Latest posts