• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bear

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
This morning I found bear tracks and poop out in front of the house. Medium size black bear. The poop was from apples. The apple tree is about 40 feet from the house. It is bear season and I have a tag. I wonder how apple fed bear tastes?

This morning I found bear tracks and poop out in front of the house. Medium size black bear. The poop was from apples. The apple tree is about 40 feet from the house. It is bear season and I have a tag. I wonder how apple fed bear tastes?
Damn good. Hang your tag on him.

I have had some good bear. Bears living on berries. I have had some worthless bear. Oen eatign dead fish at salmon streams or ones chase for miles by hounds. I have never had one eating apples.

I have had some good bear. Bears living on berries. I have had some worthless bear. Oen eatign dead fish at salmon streams or ones chase for miles by hounds. I have never had one eating apples.
Same up here, get them black bears before July they taste good. Salmon fed bears horrible. Never had a grizzly tho they eat black bears anytime of year
:)

Yesterday I thought I figured out where Mr Bear was coming down off the hill. So I set up a trail camera. This morning at the crack of dawn I sneak up there to ambush Mr Bear. I just stayed a short time as the wind was wrong. I swung down by the camera. No pictures. So I head back to the house.

The apple tree is right in the corner of the yard. So 3/4 of the apples fall out side the yard and about 1/4 of them fall in the yard. We have been keeping the wind falls picked up in the yard. Yesterday afternoon I raked up those apples. Two 5 gallon buckets full to the top. I hadn't hauled them off. This morning about the top third of both buckets are gone. Some time in the night Mr Bear came in and helped himself. He thinks I am serving him. Me and this bear are about to do war.

Latest posts