• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bears Ears Monument Garbage

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Obama adds another load of garbage to an already horrible presidency by making over a million acres in Utah into a national monument! The locals hate it in SE Utah, the vast majority of all Utahns hate it, the Navajo Nation hates it! But a tiny amount of radical activist native Americans, the southern Utah wilderness alliance and a bunch of out of state special interest groups, i.e. eco-terrorists, have Obama's ear and now we pay for it. 75% of Utah is federally owned folks! How much is enough? How about Trump makes Long Island NY a national monument? Take away all building and improvements. Make it "Pre-Columbus" and to hell with the people trying to live and make a living there! Which is exactly what Obama has done here! Worthless, spineless, scum infested, windbag of a president that makes Carter look like Washington! And this has absolutely nothing to do with the man's race! It has everything to do with his lack of morals and brains!!! I wish they would put a fence around Washington D.C and turn it into a combo wolf/grizzly preserve. Sadly, the bears and wolves would die from starvation because politicians are made up completely of crap and garbage!!! THIS PISSES ME OFF!!!!

Tell us how you really feel! :D

I hear you, they forget people make a living and feed the world off this land and they try to legislate all of us off the land.

Obama is a jackass with too much power. What is really stupid is that we are the only country that lets the prior administration have 72 days before the one elected takes office. Lots of damage can be done then, as evidenced by Obama.
Any hope that Trump can reverse this deal, 'H?

I read where Congress is trying to defund the UN since Obama pulled the dirty trick on Israel. Hope they get it done.

Obama is spending his last couple months in office devising poison pills, and trump seems to be seeing it for what it is. I think trump can right things pretty easily with a pub congress. I hope trump explicitly calls things for what they are. Obama is setting up to be an adversary and should be treated as such. Look for the commie media to treat Obama as a vaunted statesman

Just think if Hitlery was elected. All of this same crap would have been done with no hope of being reversed, while he would have received media accolades for doing so.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/29/obama-names-utah-nevada-monuments-despite-opposition.html

I live right in between the Bears Ears and the grand staircase. It's murder on our small communities. Everyone thinks tourism is the answer. It is not. Escalante is about to shut down its schools. Families have moved away. We hope for the sake of our heritage and way of life here that Trump will do all he can to reverse this and others. If not, look for more battles. I won't be leaving.

Ho55 said:
I live right in between the Bears Ears and the grand staircase. It's murder on our small communities. Everyone thinks tourism is the answer. It is not. Escalante is about to shut down its schools. Families have moved away. We hope for the sake of our heritage and way of life here that Trump will do all he can to reverse this and others. If not, look for more battles. I won't be leaving.

I feel just like you amigo! I sure as hell won't be leaving and will continue to champion the rights of folks who mine, graze, log and own water rights on public land!

The groups of radicals who have been screaming for protection, like SUWA, have no answers for how this designation will help stop vandalism or protect the cultural resources or rescue habitat. Vandals have toppled rocks at Goblin Valley State park here in Utah, defaced rocks in the Grand Canyon and were prosecuted for defiling Yellowstone in the past year alone. ALL WERE SUPPOSED TO BE SAFE FROM SUCH ACTIONS BY THEIR STATUS!!! This is simply another attack on grazing, off-roading, mining, timber and rural America by liberals who could care less about the land, its people, native or otherwise. Its about control. Its about payback. Its about a arrogant agenda. Them saying they want to protect "sacred native American sites" by making a monument makes as much sense as someone trying to protect the virtue of a young lady by selling chances to watch her change clothes through a peephole!!! They will promote tourism, install visitor centers, sell souvenirs, ban camping except in trailer parks, tell you where you can hike, where you can poop, and pretty much prostitute these "sacred lands" as a monument. Oh, and plan on this becoming a debt ridden fiasco like the rest of the National park system!!!

I feel for you and your fellow Utahans H.

There needs to be an opposite reaction by trump and release 3 federal parks to the states for every one that obama created.

Latest posts