• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Beautiful weather

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
Good morning all,
We've been having absolutely beautiful weather :) all I could ask for is some rain! I extremely enjoyed my time alone :p I talked to a few people on the phone (when they called) and saw one person! Not bad.
I got quite abit done, defrosted the freezers was a good thing! Got some colts in to start riding - 2 three yr olds and a five year old that got lost in the shuffle somehow :???: Thats going well, am riding the 5 yr old and the 3 yr old gelding in the big corral, the filly is a little more difficult. That and spending more time here have been the funnest things I've done :) Rode to the BLM permit on wed,( that's when I saw the only person I've seen) My friend came and rode it with me. All the cows and calves are happy, liking the little bit of grass that is greening up. Have pictures of it but they won't load :???: Maybe today.
Drove up to the place we lease yesterday to put protein out and see how the cows with heifer calves are. That's where these were taken. Hope you all have a great sunday!!

Love the sky when it's this blue
scenary.jpg

Sun was going down when I came out the last gate
sunset.jpg

Thanks for the beautiful pics, Nicky.

BTW, you wouldn't just happen to be a bit of an introvert, would you? You sound like my wife . . . "a wonderful party of one!"

BTW, you wouldn't just happen to be a bit of an introvert, would you?

You could say that, :) I like people, but I like being alone too :p Maybe that's why I like this sight so much, I get the best of both worlds!!

We had the perfect day for gatherin fire wood today, until I actually got Mr Lilly in the truck with the chain saw that is................by the time we got out to the pasture, the daggum wind was blowin, n blowin good. got the heifers watered and fed then drove across the creek to go find some of the downed limbs.
He cuts, I load. He cuts.....I stand there cuz the winds blowin in my direction and all the saw dust from the saw is comin my way. He gets done, I load it up.........we drive to the next place.....he gets out and starts sawin.......no matter where I stood....sawdust blowin in my face!!!
Ok now I"m plannin on which side I"m gonna park my truck....ya know..upwind.......get out, he starts sawin...daggum it!!!! winds shifted and it's blowin in my face. Finally got the bed of my lil truck filled up with wood, next time I'm gonna go out there and drag it all to a central location, drop him off with the saw, give him a walkie talkie, tell him to gimme a holler when he's done, and drive off.
But all in all was a great day, he helped me with the "cookies in a jar" this afternoon for the FFA Fundraiser, and I got started on cuttin out another "log cabin" quilt.

Nicky said:
Good morning all,
We've been having absolutely beautiful weather :) all I could ask for is some rain! I extremely enjoyed my time alone :p I talked to a few people on the phone (when they called) and saw one person! Not bad.
I got quite abit done, defrosted the freezers was a good thing! Got some colts in to start riding - 2 three yr olds and a five year old that got lost in the shuffle somehow :???: Thats going well, am riding the 5 yr old and the 3 yr old gelding in the big corral, the filly is a little more difficult. That and spending more time here have been the funnest things I've done :) Rode to the BLM permit on wed,( that's when I saw the only person I've seen) My friend came and rode it with me. All the cows and calves are happy, liking the little bit of grass that is greening up. Have pictures of it but they won't load :???: Maybe today.
Drove up to the place we lease yesterday to put protein out and see how the cows with heifer calves are. That's where these were taken. Hope you all have a great sunday!!

Love the sky when it's this blue
scenary.jpg

Sun was going down when I came out the last gate
sunset.jpg
Nicky -
Beautiful pictures - especially the sunset! I think that we have seen that mountain in NE Oregon! Is it called "Sleeping Indian" or something similar to that? It looks so familiar. Having traveled ALL over the Western states we have seen mountain scenes which look like everything from Horses, Indians, Mummys, Cats, Hands, Hoodoo's, Saddles, Elk - you name it --we've seen it! This country is so spectacular - I can't imagine living anywhere else in the World! Thank God for the United States of America ! :D :D

DOC HARRIS

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
We had the perfect day for gatherin fire wood today, until I actually got Mr Lilly in the truck with the chain saw that is................by the time we got out to the pasture, the daggum wind was blowin, n blowin good. got the heifers watered and fed then drove across the creek to go find some of the downed limbs.
He cuts, I load. He cuts.....I stand there cuz the winds blowin in my direction and all the saw dust from the saw is comin my way. He gets done, I load it up.........we drive to the next place.....he gets out and starts sawin.......no matter where I stood....sawdust blowin in my face!!!
Ok now I"m plannin on which side I"m gonna park my truck....ya know..upwind.......get out, he starts sawin...daggum it!!!! winds shifted and it's blowin in my face. Finally got the bed of my lil truck filled up with wood, next time I'm gonna go out there and drag it all to a central location, drop him off with the saw, give him a walkie talkie, tell him to gimme a holler when he's done, and drive off.
But all in all was a great day, he helped me with the "cookies in a jar" this afternoon for the FFA Fundraiser, and I got started on cuttin out another "log cabin" quilt.

:lol2: :clap: Sorry, Jersey Lilly, I just had to laugh and clap because it happens to me all the time! It's nice to know someone else shares my discomfort with all that cr** in my eyes, nose, down my shirt, up my pants legs, etc etc. I am not alone!!!

Goggles help sawing wood. Until you take them off, then all the stuff in your hair falls in your eyes!

Latest posts