• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Become Webfoots Neighbor

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mountain Cowgirl

Reaction score
This rare opportunity won't last long! 4.45 million is very reasonable considering what other Eastern Oregon ranches have sold for recently. Relive the old west in historic Durkee on the Oregon Trail. Wrestle rattlesnakes and shoot cougars with Webfoot. Attend ranch rodeos and test your skills against mean bulls like Burnt River Black. 8 and 9-year-old girls are available to teach advanced roping clinics. Learn to sidehill safely on your ATV. Attend community functions where all hat styles are welcome, even the flat brims. Climb hills with the Bighorn sheep or run with the wild turkeys. Visit downtown Durkee when you have 30 seconds to spare. Get a burro, a pick, and a pan, and go prospecting. Maybe find a few flakes of gold to sprinkle on your pancakes during your golden years.

Disclaimer: Although my name is Faye, I have no connection to Fay Ranch Realty and receive no compensation of any kind. :cautious:

UPDATE: There is a sale pending. Who has the money to buy these ranches? I hope bought for ranching and not for recreational development.

Last edited:
I wonder if the rest of the fences look like the one in the first photo?
The first picture where the little creek is running across the road? That isn't even on the Lost Basin place. That is actually is on my neighboring property. The hills in the background of that picture are on my place. That little property is also for sale. It is 160 acres with 30 irrigated. The asking price is $495,000.

No worries about someone buying Lost Basin for development. It is only accessible from Rye Valley and then up the hill or Shoestring Creek. I wouldn't drive either one of those roads in the snow or after a good rain. It is summer range and that is all it is.

My understanding is they sold off the Cave Creek portion of that to a hunter. He paid 4 mil to have his own private deer and elk hunting with guaranteed tags. Some one will lease the grazing from him and run cows there in the summer.

A place about a mile away from mine sold like that. It will be a rich hunter's playground. It displaced around 1000 head of cattle as the range will be reserved for elk only. The previous owner had allowed some hunting there. This is an area with elk chronically exceeding target numbers largely because of a lack of hunter access. Having an elk preserve close by will exacerbate that problem as well as congregate them increasing our cattle's risk of exposure to tuberculosis and brucellosis etc. Things keep changing but not always for the best!

I was thinking the 160 had a house on it but just a spring, septic, and electricity according to the ad. Considering a house, shop, barn, and corrals need to be built to make it a live-on working ranch, one best be ready to part with at least a million. Then of course equipment and cattle would add to that.

Last edited:
I was thinking the 160 had a house on it but just a spring, septic, and electricity according to the ad. Considering a house, shop, barn, and corrals need to be built to make it a live-on working ranch, one best be ready to part with at least a million. Then of course equipment and cattle would add to that.
There is an old old single wide. Rumor has it that it belongs to the old Mexican man who was there hired hand for years. He has become so old that he isn't even doing the little flood irrigation he was doing last year. Rumor is he might be moving to town to live with a nephew. That old single wide isn't fit to live in and certainly isn't worth moving. I am thinking some gas and a match may be its future.

Latest posts