• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Beef Checkoff

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hello from one whose family members who rope, or used to, know several of the Tibbs' families. In fact some of them have roped in our area, (currently sporting a LARGE mud puddle). We attended some of the evening events during that Casey Tibbs trail ride a couple of years ago and got to see lots of Mission Ridge country.

Re. refunds on beef checkoff, I think that was when it was voluntary. Pretty sure it isn't available on the national level, but maybe in some states their half of the dollar could be. Not sure. You could probably check www.mybeefcheckoff.com to find out.

If I recall correctly, it was made non-refundable because small operators feared the 'big outfits' would all get refunds and leave 'the little guy' to pay it, if refunds were possible.

mrj

I think you are correct, mrj. I don't know what individual states do, but I worked on implementing the checkoff way back when, and I know at that time you could get a refund. I remember some of the producers taking advantage of that, but I couldn't figure out why. I always said, "If we don't care to help support and advertise our product, who does?" :D

It has never been raised from the original $1/per head in all this time.
That in itself is remarkable.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, HI TIBBS!! How the heck are you?
Guess we haven't had to bail you out from some foreign country for some
time now. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: And your pickup hasn't caught on fire
again that I know of. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Have you continued to raise corgi puppies? I see your first
litter on here in the photo gallery from time to time. They sure are cute!!

Latest posts