• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Beef for sale.....cheap!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
Sofia - Bulgarian customs stopped a 75-ton shipment of beef meat from Ireland that may have been frozen since 1984, local media reported on Monday.

The meat was sent for testing after officials at the Kulata border pass with Greece noticed that the meat had a bluish colour. Among the papers with the shipment was a 22-year-old health certificate.

Experts were to be called in to determine whether the meat, en route to Plovidiv, was really as old, but it was immediately clear that it was not suitable for consumption. The reports did not say where the frozen meat was previously stored. -

If it is vaccum sealed and frozen the whole time it will still be good. I wouldn't want to eat it, but it could be better than some of the stuff put in hotdogs.

Andy said:
If it is vaccum sealed and frozen the whole time it will still be good. I wouldn't want to eat it, but it could be better than some of the stuff put in hotdogs.
Just wondering, did they use those vacuum sealed bags 22 years ago?

To keep fish and game fresher in the freezer we sometimes freeze it in a bucket of water.

You are correct, ANYTHING is better than a hotdog. :wink:

Hey Mike; For us bachelors Hotdogs are an entire and very important food group!! They're for when we get an urge for an actual home cooked meal! :roll: :wink:

cowsense said:
Hey Mike; For us bachelors Hotdogs are an entire and very important food group!! They're for when we get an urge for an actual home cooked meal! :roll: :wink:

:lol: Ah I remember those days. Chef Boyardee, PC 1/4 lb hamburgers, KD and hot dawgs :)

Rod

Andy said:

SH, what is your argument on vacuum sealed meat? Does a little aging make it as good as dry aged beef?

I know exactly what goes into hot dogs and I still like 'em. A good red Wimmers with mustard, ketchup, and jalepenos..... my, my, my!

You guys can keep your hot dogs! I'm gonna stick with good beef steak and my own Hereford 1/3lb preformed hamburgers on the George Foreman grill! IMHO, being a bachelor is no excuse for hot dogs! :p :p :p

{The meat was sent for testing after officials at the Kulata border pass with Greece noticed that the meat had a bluish colour}

Gee, why didn't they pack it in carbon monoxide? It would still look bright red and tasty! They would have never caught it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Econ101 said:
Andy said:

SH, what is your argument on vacuum sealed meat? Does a little aging make it as good as dry aged beef?

When meat is frozen and no oxygen is present it will not spoil. When you age meat (wet or dry) it is not frozen.

Andy said:
Econ101 said:
Andy said:

When meat is frozen and no oxygen is present it will not spoil. When you age meat (wet or dry) it is not frozen.

Did you want to buy it Andy? Maybe we could wait a few more decades and serve it with an equally aged Cabernet Sauvignon, forget the school kids.

Maybe this beef would be goood to serve at the next R-calf convention.... show them boys what bad beef really is. Just kiddin sandhusker.
:wink:

Latest posts