• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Been away a long time

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ShawnR

Reaction score
Well it's been a few years since my last post.....I still check in once in a while and lurk. Anyway today I was thinking about a poster on here from a few years ago that I stopped and met on one of my trips back from Alaska to MN. He was taken to young by cancer, So I went back and read some old posts by Cory, aka Northern Rancher.....I miss our visits. Just wondering if anyone knows how his family is Doing? I still see a few names I recognize, thanks for any info, Shawn Ramsey

I often wonder about his family also. He was always up for the scrap when he was fighting cancer and I do not think you could find anyone prouder of his family.

They are alive and kicking. Ty rides for me at our Meadow Lake place and still rodeos. I don't know the girls much, but Ty can still convince them to catch his horse for him. Meagan has a couple of kids.

Good to hear they are well. RSL , pass on to Ty that his dad's friend who guides in Alaska and ranches in Mn thinks of them often and am only a call away if they need anything. Shawn

That is good too hear RSL, my regards to the family as well.
On a side note, do you happen to know a fella named Nels Hanson from that area? Corey worked for him at one time a long time ago.

I think about Northern Rancher all the time. I never met him but considered him a friend. We talked about getting together the last year he was alive. If I had to do it over again I would have made a point to drive to Canada to meet him. It's weird how you can "meet" somebody online that you connect with. When I was considering the move from winter calving to calving on grass there was a few here that I really appreciated and valued their input. Two fellow Ranchers.net contributors I credit for a lot of advice and support are Northern Rancher and rancherfred. There were others too that I can't remember their handles but I appreciate their input too.

I don't frequent Ranchers that much anymore but I do check in periodically, mainly to look at Soapweeds pictures. I've been on Facebook for a couple months but find myself in arguments with some liberal friends that all that seems to get accomplished is raising my blood pressure. I've determined that Facebook is overrated and a waste of time. Anyway, just thought I would check in and say "Hi" to some old friends.

Big Swede said:
I don't frequent Ranchers that much anymore but I do check in periodically, mainly to look at Soapweeds pictures. I've been on Facebook for a couple months but find myself in arguments with some liberal friends that all that seems to get accomplished is raising my blood pressure. I've determined that Facebook is overrated and a waste of time. Anyway, just thought I would check in and say "Hi" to some old friends.

By the time I got done hiding all of the posts on Facebook from people that were irritating me with their garbage and self-centered posts I am left with about three guys that I went to high school with. It turns people into narcissists, or maybe it just allows self-centered people a bigger stage.

Do you post under the same name on Agtalk?

We welcome recovering Facebook junkies here at Ranchers, there is only a few of the old faithful here but seem to have some old names showing up once in a while. :D :cowboy:

Big Swede said:
Yes I do but I noticed you don't.

Yeah, I post under my real name there. I was worried about the rough crowd here when I signed up. When I met my future mother-in-law for the first time for some reason I am still not clear about she was sure that my name was Fred. I have used it over the years to pick on her.

rancherfred said:
Big Swede said:

Yeah, I post under my real name there. I was worried about the rough crowd here when I signed up. When I met my future mother-in-law for the first time for some reason I am still not clear about she was sure that my name was Fred. I have used it over the years to pick on her.
Lol it's not a rough crowd but I use a different name there as well.

rancherfred said:
Big Swede said:

That's funny!

Good to hear some references to former times. Big Swede, I hope the calving change is working. We are getting to the end, it was a fantastic year to calve in March on corn stalks here. It's good to hear of Northern Rancher and his family. A cowman and rancher extraordinaire. Loved reading about his way of living it. Especially his horse tales, I have been away from them too long.

I liked the picture of him when the calf was stuck in the round bales in the bale yard. He suited up with the kids hockey face mask and guards, so he could wade in the crack to get the calf!

mwj said:
I liked the picture of him when the calf was stuck in the round bales in the bale yard. He suited up with the kids hockey face mask and guards, so he could wade in the crack to get the calf!

I had forgotten about that, thanks for the memory!

Latest posts