• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Been awhile

Help Support Ranchers.net:

4Diamond

Reaction score
Hello Ya'll

It's been a few years since I have been on and decided it was time to get back in here and chime in with my .02 thats worth .00!

Soapweed, you were my motivaton to join a few years back and after reading the story on you in Working Ranch I started checking this site again and following your pictures. What a talent you have..

A little info on me, I live in Southwest Missouri around 2 hours east of the now famous town of Joplin. I farm with my parents and uncle. We are primarily cow/calf but we also background up to 500 hd at a time. Fescue is our primary forage that has it's short comings but without it we would have nothing. We also grow corn to be chopped for the dairy that my uncle runs. It has been very hot here this summer but the area that I live has had ample rain most of the time and we have had 7" for the month of August so far. The heat has taken it's toll on the cattle as we have had several younger cattle due to calve in September abort recently. :mad:
All things considered I can't complain, I wake up every morning and get to do the thing I enjoy most in life-farm(or ranch depending on where you live).

Hi 4Diamond. Glad you are back. Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy taking pictures, and it gets me out of a little work. :wink: Some of my photos turn out fairly good, but in taking ten to the county fair, I got seven blues, two reds, and one white. This keeps a feller humble. :)

Wow, Soapweed, what's humbling about that? I'd say you done darn
good!!

4Diamond, we just had young friends here from Missouri. He
is a fieldman for Joplin Livestock Auction. (Maybe that's not the
proper name, but you'll know the place I mean.) His family
is a long time friend of my family and he's stayed with us a
time or two. He's just a great young man. His area (Bolivar)
was very short on rain and got very hot. He said he planted some
corn and though it looks good, there is not a kernel on it!
He says it was just too hot to make. No silks. I had no idea
that silks made the kernels. :???:
They had 2 inches of rain while he was gone so he said things
looked better when he got home.

Anyhow, welcome back to ranchers.

Yes I am very familiar with the stockyards out there. We just today finished chopping the last of our corn and it turned out well. However, the pollination wasn't always correct and we blamed that on the excessive heat.

Crazy how rain falls, Bolivar is a little over an hour from me and I have an aunt that lives there and she has told us how dry they are.

Latest posts