• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Been awhile...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hereford76

Reaction score
20160229_105407_zpspogv3pcs.jpg

20160229_114140_zpsy8ss4tgq.jpg

They're itching to do their job.

Nice Bulls. The Hereford breed could use more like those two. I really like the type of the second bull.

Thanks guys. We hold on to bull's til folks need them. This early spring means a month more than normal of handling them. Always a fun time when cows come home for calving, spring is in the air, and a bunch of virgin bulls are around. We gonna haul them out to summer pasture to get them outa ear as snout shot

Really good looking bulls. As for EPD's, we raise purebred cattle and we don't even look at EPD's when selecting herd sires. I feel that our industry is training the next generation of cattlemen to be very good at looking at numbers (and in some cases good at manipulating numbers), and not as good at evaluating live cattle. Just my two cents worth.

turning grass into beef said:
Really good looking bulls. As for EPD's, we raise purebred cattle and we don't even look at EPD's when selecting herd sires. I feel that our industry is training the next generation of cattlemen to be very good at looking at numbers (and in some cases good at manipulating numbers), and not as good at evaluating live cattle. Just my two cents worth.

You almost make me want to buy a Shorthorn. :D

If I do, your place will be the first on the list. :tiphat:

gcreekrch said:
Hereford76 said:
WB said:
The Hereford breed could use more like those two.

Not according to their epd's

Never been much of an EPD guy. Rather know the BW, WW, age and actual weight. Like to have a boo at Momma too if possible.

I'll take a pic of the top bulls mother right after she calves. He was her 1st calf. She had full brother 2015 and bred to same sire for this year. His sire would be a paternal 1/2 bro to the bottom bull... actually better than half with common ancestors on bottom side too. The sire to the bottom bull and grand sire to the top bull was 73 model... free of all kinds of junk that was used between now and then. The mother to the bottom bull is 2000 model and I think I've banked about 40 embryos out of her in the last year's time. Gonna try again this spring to a son of her great grandmother that was born in 68. Only thing that don't look right about the older ones are the numbers the aha gives them.

gcreekrch said:

If I have almost made you want to buy a shorthorn then maybe the two links below will push you over the edge. :D
http://www.saskvalleyshorthorns.com/bullsale.html
https://www.youtube.com/user/whosyourdaddybull

gcreekrch said:

If I have almost made you want to buy a shorthorn then maybe the two links below will push you over the edge. :D
http://www.saskvalleyshorthorns.com/bullsale.html
https://www.youtube.com/user/whosyourdaddybull

Nice bunch of bulls but not yet......... :D I have gone back to a few Herefords on my black cows. That was a huge hurdle to get by my Good Lookin' Partner. :wink:

Best of luck on your sale and tell Murray he's still the ugliest thing I ever woke up to. :lol2:

Latest posts