• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bermuda shorts and kilts.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bob M

Reaction score
Nr, I have been away a couple days attending my 1941 class reunion and was practically frantic, when I got home, to read you were sending a picture of me in Bermuda shorts. That would have shut the whole network down. On the other hand, I think Cal would look lovely in kilts!

I hope your friend is recovering. It is great that Craig can be with him.

BobM

Bob M said:
Nr, I have been away a couple days attending my 1941 class reunion and was practically frantic, when I got home, to read you were sending a picture of me in Bermuda shorts. That would have shut the whole network down. On the other hand, I think Cal would look lovely in kilts!

I hope your friend is recovering. It is great that Craig can be with him.

BobM

Hsa anybody heard the Ringling Five and their song" He's got ranchers legs"

Big Muddy there's seven or eight of them norwegions from montana that call them selves the ringling five. They put on a show not far from home here awhile back and I was sittin in the second row cause I'm hard of hearing. They came an drug me up on stage to use as an example while they sang their rancher legs song. If I ever go anywhere again they are the entertainment I'm gonna sit waaaayyy in the back!

I've seen their live show twice. They are are a HOOT. A friend of Northern ranchers was drug up to the stage in Plentwood for that. since his daughter was the one that booked the act i think it was a bit of a set up. They sure put on a great show. :!: :lol2: :cowboy:

We're back in the land of 88 degrees and high humidity where those Bermuda shorts feel good letting the few breezes (if there are any) cool the skin a bit more.

Sadly, our 62 yr old friend Dave did not survive his massive heart attack in Denver. He had NO pain, only a tightness in his throat.

We visited his widow and family today in Delaware. We've known them for over 40 yrs. and he worked on projects with both my husb. and our son in VA.
One thing that helped was that Craig was with Dave that morning at breakfast, saw him give his paper and could give his wife and children some of those details of his day which are some (small) comfort.
Everyone is in a state of shock naturally. He was a thoughtful guy, always happy and positive and will be greatly missed.

Speaking of Kilts-- The Saskatoon pipe band is in town...Those boys got to be tough parading around in 40 degree weather in those things --But they can sure make those pipes squeal- maybe the two go together :lol: ....

Its homecoming weekend and the local Harvest Festival -- since we are the Glasgow Scotties our mascot is a scottie dog and the local band wears kilts and scottie gear.....This has gotten them invites to many major parades over the years including the Rose Parade...

But I remember some of the band members telling me how they stole some of the girls panty hose to keep their legs warm...

They might need them today- cool, cloudy, shower now and then.....

This afternoon is the Pub Crawl- and thats where those Canadians really shine :wink: :lol:

If you're meaning pub crawl in the true sense, of course we can do better than you! :wink: Your beer is like water to us! We just have to pee more.

Shelly said:
If you're meaning pub crawl in the true sense, of course we can do better than you! :wink: Your beer is like water to us! We just have to pee more.

Shelly by the time the night ends that "weak" beer ( and a little rye) will have a few of them crawling if past history repeats- they definitely know how to have fun :lol: ... From the stories I've read on here I thought you might have come down with the pipers to join in too :wink:

Sorry to disappoint Oldtimer. Once a month is enough for me, and last weekend was the one. From what I've been told, I did 'er up right! :wink:

Latest posts