• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Best time of year

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ho55

Reaction score

The crops are in. The equipment is put away. It's time to start the cows off the mountain.

We finished soybeans after Church yesterday except for one 85 acre field we farm on the halves and the landlord is in Alaska and will return next week and he wants us to wait so he can "help" he is in his late 70s and is a great guy so we can accommodate him.

About another 800 acres of corn then we will be done for the year - - - could be before Halloween but it really dos not matter as we are so grateful for the respectable yields after no rain in July, August and the first half of Sept.

Good thing we went thru June 9" above normal!

After last year it feels good to have to hustle with 3 semis to keep up in soybeans - - - 3 won't keep up in corn so we park one combine after about 2 days, if we get rained out and everything empty we run both for a couple of days then park one again.

I have to ask, where in the world would you crop in that country. :shock: :shock:

I just traveled North America in 2 minutes. Cotton fields, RA's assortment of critters, and now the mountains. Thanks to everybody who posts on here.
Amazing view from up there, and congrats on finishing harvest. We have about a day of combining left and about a day of baling. Hoping the weather holds that long.

This is some of my help. Couldn't do it without them. This is rough county. My legs will be black and blue when I'm done. And the horses will be sore from the oak. Thanks for the nice comments from all of you. I will post some pictures of cattle soon so you all don't think I'm joy riding. Soap I'm in S. Utah.

Yes it is Woodys brand I bought him as a two year old. He is a bubba roan cowboy colt. He is 4 years old now and I like him a lot. The only thing I'll hold again him is he doesn't travel out like id like him to. But we get there and back.

Ho55 said:
Yes it is Woodys brand I bought him as a two year old. He is a bubba roan cowboy colt. He is 4 years old now and I like him a lot. The only thing I'll hold again him is he doesn't travel out like id like him to. But we get there and back.

That's pretty neat, Ho55; I've seen a lot of really nice horses go through his sales over the past few years. He raises the kind I like, so I try to keep up with his sales. It's great to see someone using some of the horses after the sale speak well of one of those horses I've admired from afar. Thanks for letting me know about your experience with him!

Did that good-looking palomino come from the same place?

I like Woodys horses too. This year he had some 5 year olds that he kept on his ranch in Wyoming that a guy could do anything on them for sale. They brought a lot of money. The palomino is Jim he is 6 years old he is as honest as they come. My 4 year old daughter rides him around. I think he might have come out of Nevada. I'm not sure. My wife did the dealing on that horse.

Ho55 said:
I like Woodys horses too. This year he had some 5 year olds that he kept on his ranch in Wyoming that a guy could do anything on them for sale. They brought a lot of money. The palomino is Jim he is 6 years old he is as honest as they come. My 4 year old daughter rides him around. I think he might have come out of Nevada. I'm not sure. My wife did the dealing on that horse.

Yeah, I've seen some of his good geldings bring all sorts of money. He does a great job making those horses (both from the breeding and from the training perspectives), and has done a terrific job of building and marketing his brand to bring top dollar for what he produces. And I don't mean the part about the marketing in a negative way; I don't think there's any smoke or mirrors there. I think he's just been so persistent with such a consistently high quality product and getting his message in front of the right people, that he's steadily getting the types of prices for his geldings that a lot of horse breeders (including us) would love to get.

And the way you describe that palomino, they're the kind of horse to keep around, no matter where you bought him :)

Latest posts