• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Big Muddy, send me some drugs fast.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancher

Reaction score
It makes no sense the United States imports cattle, hogs and logs from Canada, but not prescription drugs, says Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer.

"Local pharmacists should be allowed to re-import safe, affordable prescription drugs from Canada, where American-made, U.S. taxpayer-subsidized medicine is sold for as little as half the U.S. retail price," Schweitzer said in the weekly Democratic radio address Saturday.

"For five years, the government "has had the ability to lower the prescription drug cost for every person in America by as much as 50 percent. In five years, they've not delivered. Since they continue to sit on the sidelines, states have no choice but to do it for themselves."

According to Schweitzer, a top U.S. Food and Drug Administration official said lasat year that "there has never been a single documented case of an unsafe prescription drug coming across the border from Canada," CNN reported.

All I have is Oxytet and Micotil, and we know you don't want to take that stuff. Hope your feeling better soon as choring while sick is the pitts. Unless your like Haymaker and just stay in bed for a couple of days and let the cows fend for themselves. At least that what he said to do when it get cold outside. :cowboy:

Big Muddy rancher said:
All I have is Oxytet and Micotil, and we know you don't want to take that stuff. Hope your feeling better soon as choring while sick is the pitts. Unless your like Haymaker and just stay in bed for a couple of days and let the cows fend for themselves. At least that what he said to do when it get cold outside. :cowboy:

NO HAY MAKER said get your but outa bed and tend those cows and quit using bad wheather for an excuse to sit by the fire..............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

NO HAY MAKER said get your but outa bed and tend those cows and quit using bad wheather for an excuse to sit by the fire..............good luck

You might have told me to get out and feed in the cold but you said you would stay in by the fire until the weather got nicer. When rancher gets out of his delerious state he can back me up to that fact..

By the way how much rain have you gottten, enough to make some Hay so you don't get fatter and lazier this summer. :cowboy:

Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

You might have told me to get out and feed in the cold but you said you would stay in by the fire until the weather got nicer. When rancher gets out of his delerious state he can back me up to that fact..

rancher wont back you,he is a R calfer,you are gonna have to dig thru the archives like MISS TAM,yes lots of rain here and every thing is buding green hope we dont get another frost and set everything back IM ready to start plowing and planting..................good luck

By the way how much rain have you gottten, enough to make some Hay so you don't get fatter and lazier this summer. :cowboy:

Mike said:
Haymaker, don't mean to butt in here. What are you planting this early?

IM just just getting cabin fever I plant april fools day.But lots of field work to be done between now and then just about a month away.I probably plant the same thing as last year improved RED TOP,and some of the proven sorghum sudans,might even plant a little millet for doves this fall..............good luck

I think I am going to live. Woke up with no aches or pains, just the scours of the nose and throbbing head and few chills, feel like a millions dollars compared to the last couple days. Even enjoyed feeding, just wipes you out. Life is good, now if it would just rain to top it off. I hope no others get this bug as some on here want to scour your other end with castor oil.

Rancher,

Pretty good rain here in NE Oregon today. Hope it makes it your way

The ten day forcast is for warm 50's and dry. I sure hope they are wrong on the dry part. Going to head out to set some bales out for tomorrow, wind went down and is in the 30's.

I wish i could send you some of my rain. It is so wet around here. if you stand still your feet will take root.

Alabama said:
I wish i could send you some of my rain. It is so wet around here. if you stand still your feet will take root.

If those size 14's took "root" you'd be in a world of hurt. Bet you don't get your corn planted by Mar 1. How's the orphan calf doing?

I started to plant weekend before last but it was just too soon. I want to plant this coming weekend but it is going to be way too wet. I guess I will just wait until I can get in the field.

The bottle calf is still a bottle calf. He won't creep feed but I am still giving him a bottle twice a day. His acting mamma is still letting him nurse some but he still wants that bottle twice a day. Some times, he is not taking the entire bottle but most times, he does. His new mamma likes to lick the bottle while I feed him. It is strange. She won't let him nurse from the side. He has to nurse from the back while she is busy eating hay or something like that. But the guy is doing well and is over 200 pounds and looking better every day. I think hi is almost a month old and he has learned to eat green grass and chew his cud.

rancher, hope you are mending well...lots of influenza a and influenza b here in montana....seeing alot of folks in the ER and on the floor...hell, lost 4 out of 5 RN's last week due to the flu...lots of overtime for me, but still...hope you are taking lots of fluids (WATER!!!) and getting plenty of rest....did your doc get you any Amantadine or Tamiflu?? sure helps out!!

take care and best wishes for all of you out there fighting this

kris 8)

yes doctors suggest tamiflu for flu virus cause it is the safest medicine to use
it is to be taken in a five day course
quantities to be taken vary from old to adolescents to children
you can get more information on tamiflu from http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3353-s-TAMIFLU.aspx

ranchwife said:
rancher, hope you are mending well...lots of influenza a and influenza b here in montana....seeing alot of folks in the ER and on the floor...hell, lost 4 out of 5 RN's last week due to the flu...lots of overtime for me, but still...hope you are taking lots of fluids (WATER!!!) and getting plenty of rest....did your doc get you any Amantadine or Tamiflu?? sure helps out!!

take care and best wishes for all of you out there fighting this

kris 8)

It makes no sense the United States imports cattle, hogs and logs from Canada, but not prescription drugs, says Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer.

"Local pharmacists should be allowed to re-import safe, affordable prescription drugs from Canada, where American-made, U.S. taxpayer-subsidized medicine is sold for as little as half the U.S. retail price," Schweitzer said in the weekly Democratic radio address Saturday.

"For five years, the government "has had the ability to lower the prescription drug cost for every person in America by as much as 50 percent. In five years, they've not delivered. Since they continue to sit on the sidelines, states have no choice but to do it for themselves."

According to Schweitzer, a top U.S. Food and Drug Administration official said lasat year that "there has never been a single documented case of an unsafe prescription drug coming across the border from Canada," CNN reported.

But I thought OT said these drugs were unsafe, even if they are made in the US?

Latest posts