• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Big Muddy- Weather Check?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Big Muddy did you get some moisture out of that storm this afternoon-- I sent it right toward you--Real spotty here- from 30 drops in one place to .3 in another to 1.5" in another--Had a tornado warning out for awhile...

Looks like there is more coming out of the southwest again now.....Glad I bought some hail insurance yesterday- it makes watching these black clouds easier on my heart......

We got about .3 at about 6 O'clock and then about 8:30 it started up again and we had .4 by shortly asfter 9PM and it is still raining at 10. It looks like it was raining heavier to the south when we came home from town putting some yearlings back in off the hay ground. This storm is nothing to what we went thru up in Leader SK on Tuesday night. 36 power poles in a row were blowin down and some broke into 3 or 4 peices. Trees down all over town and worse south west of town. Grain bins csattered all over the country.

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
. Trees down all over. . .

What's a tree? :wink:

YEA YEA that area is just north of the great Sand Hills and south of the South Sask river. Not many trees but what was planted in the towns and farm yards. Down on the river they have Cotton woods . I didn't go check but it looks like we might have gotten about .7 in total last night. Sure helps as the grass I seeded the first of june is showing up quite nicely.

BMr.........that was quite a storm.....thankfully it settled a bit before it got our way. At first damage report I was wondering if it was "your group" that was raising the roof in the Sand Hills :wink: Take care!

cowsense said:
BMr.........that was quite a storm.....thankfully it settled a bit before it got our way. At first damage report I was wondering if it was "your group" that was raising the roof in the Sand Hills :wink: Take care!

Well when we got there all HELL broke loose. we could have been the cause. I guess Burstall got hit harder then Leader and poor little Sceptre was cleaning branches off the street with a front end loader.

What about Lancer? We have good friends who live there, and I don't know if they've been home since that storm. They've been on the road all week.

I woke up around 3:00 in the morning that night and just heard the most godawful loud roar. All I could think was loud roar=freight train=tornado. So I just rolled over and went back to sleep because if I'm gonna die, it might as well be while I'm sleeping! Next day hubby told me the sky was green and he could hear the air being sucked out of our home via the woodstove. BTW, our home is a mobile home......tornado magnet!

Big Muddy rancher said:
We got about .3 at about 6 O'clock and then about 8:30 it started up again and we had .4 by shortly asfter 9PM and it is still raining at 10. It looks like it was raining heavier to the south when we came home from town putting some yearlings back in off the hay ground. This storm is nothing to what we went thru up in Leader SK on Tuesday night. 36 power poles in a row were blowin down and some broke into 3 or 4 peices. Trees down all over town and worse south west of town. Grain bins csattered all over the country.

Good to hear you got some moisture--You got about what Opheim did -.8..
Second storm pretty much missed us too on the river- little shower- some went southeast of us and some north-- I haven't heard anything from anyone out south but it dumped in places up north- 1" or 2" in places- almost 3 near Scobey--Some 2"-3" hail in places too- and wind-- even blew the outhouse over at the old camp up north :? :cry:

They are predicting we could have another round tonite and for the next few nights- Think I'll wait until after the 4th to start haying.......

From the weather boys:

PREVIOUS DISCUSSION...FOR NORTHEAST MONTANA TODAY THROUGH MONDAY...SOUTHWEST FLOW ALOFT TO CONTINUE THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR A COUPLE OF ROUNDS OF SEVERE WEATHER. UNLIKELY TO COME CLOSE TO OUR MOST RECENT EPISODE...WHICH BY ALL ACCOUNTS IS ONE OF OUR BIGGEST (IF NOT THE BIGGEST) OUTBREAK OF SEVERE WEATHER IN THE LAST 9 YEARS! MOST REPORTS WERE OF LARGE HAIL...SOME AS LARGE AS 3 INCHES IN DIAMETER. ALSO SEVERAL REPORTS OF DAMAGING WIND...AND EVEN A FEW REPORTS OF FUNNEL CLOUDS. THE ACTIVE WEATHER LOOKS TO CONTINUE THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS WITH OUR EASTERN ZONES IN A SLIGHT RISK TODAY...AND OUR SOUTHERN ZONES ON MONDAY.

We were coming home from Big Beaver about 8:30 and it looked like that Scobey, Redstone, Plentywood line was getting alot heavier rain then we were getting.

Faster horses said:
OT, where do you go to get that kind of weather report? Mid Rivers used to give us that, but not any more...or I can't find it anyway.

We got 1.5" here today. South of us they got 2.1"
Go to the NOAA site- then in the little box down at the bottom that says additional forecast and info hit the Forecast Discussion-- It gives you the teletypes the weather boys send out showing their reasoning behind the forecast....

We had a little storm come thru this afternoon and just sit on us-- got .75- while 2 miles west got nothing....

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/index.php?wfo=ggw&zone=mtz026&fire=mtz122&county=mtc079

Latest posts