• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Big RAIN coming

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
And it might turn to SNOW by Tuesday... :shock:
Some forcasts are for wind gusts up to 55 mph. (I hope they
are wrong. :cry: )

Rain showers likely and slight chance of thunderstorms in the evening...then rain likely overnight. Lows in the upper 40s. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Monday
Rain showers likely in the morning...then rain showers likely and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Highs in the upper 50s. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Monday Night
Rain showers. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Lows in the lower 40s. Northeast winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.

Tuesday
Rain...cooler. Highs in the upper 40s. North winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.

Tuesday Night
Rain in the evening...then rain and snow likely overnight. Lows in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

my gosh, it's FREAKING MAY!!!! Sorry to hear that, Faster Horses. Hopefully spring will show up for you sooner or later. Here's my forecast, hopefully the rain will miss us so that farmers can get their crops in the ground.

Overnight: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Breezy, with a east southeast wind between 14 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Monday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 81. Windy, with a southeast wind between 15 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 66. Breezy, with a southeast wind 9 to 16 mph becoming northeast. Winds could gust as high as 22 mph.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 89. Breezy, with a south southeast wind between 10 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.

Tuesday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 66. South wind between 8 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Wednesday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 82. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

YEAH, FH, WE ARE IN THE MIDST OF A "WINTER STORM WARNING" HERE IN MADISON COUNTY......SNOW ABOVE 6000 FEET OF A FOOT OR SO AND A FEW INCHES IN THE VALLEY!! :cry: :cry: PERSONALLY, AM OVER IT AND ANXIOUSLY AWAITING SPRING!! HAHAHA!! :roll:

Showery all day yesterday as we helped a neighbor haul out pairs...
Then rained off and on all night- and is coming down pretty good right now...

This will slow up the farmers that have been trying to shoot some wheat into the ground ( most the time ending up stuck in a mudhole :wink: ) and those still trying to truck cattle out to pasture...

They are predicting up to an inch + of moisture for up here...

Been raining off and on since yesterday.
Got our hay barley in the ground first. Some malt barley.
OT hubby won't let me run the culivator because he's afraid I will get it stuck. :roll:

Waiting for H'76 to show up today with our new bull.

Well so far the Climate Prediction Centers forecast for northern MT for May-- colder and wetter than normal- is starting to hold true...They are also forecasting a colder and wetter next 3 months (May, June, July) too..

allen57- longterm forecast doesn't sound that good....Most of the south is supposed to be hotter than normal- especially Texas...And most the south is predicted to be drier than normal- especially Texas....

Still hang on effects of a strong La Nina.....

Lane pulled a load of horses from St Onge up thru Sidney today. Said the creeks south of Watford City were just trickles this morning and ripping rivers tonight.

What is this thing called rain that you speak of??? Haven't had any substantial rain in months.... feels like it is August and it's only May. Hit a high of 96 here yesterday.

Semi is here delivering mineral this morning. I got one stopped
before it loaded at Fremont. Semi that came, had one drop south of Ismay. Those ranchers received
3" of rain overnight. Road washed out in two places. No mineral truck
would make it in there, no how, no way. She couldn't even get her
little boy to school. :shock:

We've received 1.2" since night before last. It's wet, wet, wet.
Our neighbor is a wheat farmer and he's not gotten in the
field yet. He called this morning and said he told his wife
he had never started seeding wheat in May. And he may not
this year. He said right now they are at best a week out
from seeding.

I do feel bad for the grain farmers, but man, it's
gonna be green when we finally get some sun.

we got 1.7". we've seeded wheat as late as June 1st. haven't got any in the ground yet this year, if the sun stays out we should be seeding this weekend

BIG Rain is correct... Rained all last night here- and we had an inch on the ground by 7AM when I took off for Billings to take an elderly uncle to a Drs. appt...Went by way of Jordan and Winnett and drove thru a Typhoon at times...Stopped at Fellmans Cafe in Jordan about 8:30AM-- and they told me they had already received 2.3 inches...Every creek and coulee was boiling water....

Rained all the way to Billings and all the time we were there...Headed back about 3PM--and everything that could run water was running out of its banks--until I got to Robinson Bridge and the Missouri river- and the sun was shining up thru Malta and until I got 30 miles from home and we ran back into the tail end of the rain as it moved out to the southeast...

We got 2.25"-- 5 miles south of me got 3.5"--Jordan reported 3.25"- and some areas near the Missouri(on both sides got over 4")....

Creeks in our area are all flooding over the roads- and washing out roads worse than they did with the spring thaw flood...Hydrology folks are predicting the Milk (which is now 5 feet below flood stage) will be 4 feet over flood stage by tommorrow night- and may have several roads flooded again.... :shock: :(

I don't think I've ever seen the state so wet- or so green....

2.5" here, I got more water in my dikes from this rain than I did from the snow run off. Creek came up pretty good to by the place but not flooding. I've got some hay barley to get in the ground yet. Could be the first of June before I can get in the field. We're going to have grass and hay when the sun finally comes out. :D :D :D

I guess I should have posted about our lack of rain on here a long time ago. Got over 3.5" last night. Could have done without the high winds and hail but definitely glad to get the much needed rain. :D

We got a delightful inch and a half of rain the last couple days, mostly during last night. This is the first moisture that's come along since our April 14-15 snowstorm, so it is very welcome. We are still feeding hay to some of the cattle, but should get everything turned out to grass within the next couple of days.

No rain here to speak of yet, but we are planning to brand on Sat. so if it's going to rain that will be the day it will do it. Hopefully we will turn out next week.

1/2 inch of snow this morning, still 40% old snow cover in the open, nearly 100% in the timber. Not the best spring we've experienced. Today was nice when the sun peeked between the clouds. Tommorow is supposed to be sunny and warm and back to rain or snow on Saturday.

Don't think I'll grease up the disc for the oat patch quite yet. :(

We went thru 2-5 inches of rain (and more flooding last week) and since starting Monday night have had another 1-3" (1.25 here at the house)- which again washed out roads with the saturated ground- and today we got to see the sun- and some dry.... And the swamps/cropland that have derived from all the moisture.....

But tonight I listed to John Pulaski- the Northern Ag Weather man say we have rain moving in again of "Biblical Proportions".... Predicting 2-3 feet of snow in the Mountain areas-- up to 6 inches of rain in southern MT and NW Wyoming- and 1-3 more inches of rain for us up here on the Canuck border.... :shock:

They already moved the Miles BHS concert inside- and if it keeps up they will have to issue the bronc riders Mae Wests and Aqualungs !!! :wink: :p :lol:

Latest posts