• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

BIG VOTE FRIDAY

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowman52

Reaction score
Nancy Pelosi has set up a vote in the house FRIDAY on the supposed cap & trade proposal. Supposedly 8 votes are all that stand between passage of this travesty.

A CALL, an e-mail or BOTH to your house rep might be the only way this fails. Maybe a little input from people who might actually be affected by this garbage rather than the people who would not be affected by prices tripling for food & fuel would help :( :( :shock: :shock:

cowman52 said:
Nancy Pelosi has set up a vote in the house FRIDAY on the supposed cap & trade proposal. Supposedly 8 votes are all that stand between passage of this travesty.

A CALL, an e-mail or BOTH to your house rep might be the only way this fails. Maybe a little input from people who might actually be affected by this garbage rather than the people who would not be affected by prices tripling for food & fuel would help :( :( :shock: :shock:

Tell me just who wouldn't be affected by "prices tripling for food and fuel". I want to be that guy.

What a frustration this new government is. I know a person needs to keep on the Reps. and Senators, but it always come down to party line votes. Our 2 senators don't listen and won't listen until they get close to their election year. They are just riding the big wave for now. At some point I would think they won't have anybody to blame for this when they realize what they have done.

Here is a link that allows you to contact your Representative in Congress. Lots of grassroots action on this. Not all democrats are in favor of this. Less will vote for it if their constituents speak out.

http://capwiz.com/americansforprosperity/issues/alert/?alertid=13343471

If you like like taxes do nothing. If you don't like taxes submit the form.

Farmgirl

My wife had to do state business with Palosi in Calif. Wife said Palosi is by far the dumest B^%&(*&^% she ever met.

This link shows a map of states that will be negatively affected. Most of them, 41 to be exact. Interesting that the home state (CA) of the main author will not be negatively affected.

http://www.americansforprosperity.com/files/MostStatesLose.pdf

If a tree falls in Brazil, it will, in fact, be heard in the U.S. - at least if a little-noticed provision in the pending climate-change bill in Congress becomes law.

As part of the far-reaching climate bill, the House is set to vote Friday on a plan to pay companies billions of dollars not to chop down trees around the world, as a way to reduce global warming.

The provision, called "offsets," has been attacked by both environmentalists and business groups as ineffective and poorly designed. Critics contend it would send scarce federal dollars overseas to plant trees when subsidies are needed at home, while the purported ecological benefits would be difficult to quantify.

The offsets "would be a transfer of wealth overseas," said William Kovacs, vice president for environmental affairs at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jun/25/climate-bill-gives-billions-to-foreign-foliage/print/

Latest posts