• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bill Bullard quote

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Would you rather:

• Become a strict vegetarian because of baseless fear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enjoy Canadian beef because you know it is as safe as US beef

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bull Burger

Reaction score
OVER HERD!

How science based is this??

Bill Bullard was heard at a meeting in Missouri telling a cattle producer the following:

"If I have to eat Canadian beef, I would rather eat no beef at all."

Promoting not eating beef? What agenda is being promoted? A one based on science or one based on scare tactics?

Bull Burger said:
OVER HERD!

Bill Bullard was heard at a meeting in Missouri telling a cattle producer the following:

Promoting not eating beef? What agenda is being promoted? A one based on science or one based on scare tactics?

BB-Show us the proof of the statement......

Oldtimer said:
Bull Burger said:
OVER HERD!

Nah, why don't you call him up and ask him OT. You're likely good buddies and we know he'll tell you the truth. Then you can show us the proof he DIDN"T make the statement.

1.) BTW, would it surprise you if he DID make it?

2.)And do you agree with that statement?

Bull Burger said:
Oldtimer said:
Bull Burger said:
OVER HERD!

Nah, why don't you call him up and ask him OT. You're likely good buddies and we know he'll tell you the truth. Then you can show us the proof he DIDN"T make the statement.

BB- Never met the man- but Like everything else show us the proof-- Don't agree with the statement- but I do see why people recognize Canadian beef is of higher risk and want Country of Origin Labeling so they can have the choice....And I do see where opening the border without giving them that choice will negatively affect consumer demand....

Oldtimer said:
Bull Burger said:
Oldtimer said:

BB- Never met the man- but Like everything else show us the proof-- Don't agree with the statement- but I do see why people recognize Canadian beef is of higher risk and want Country of Origin Labeling so they can have the choice....And I do see where opening the border without giving them that choice will negatively affect consumer demand....

Has the US consumer stopped eating beef in the US since the US started taking boneless boxed beef? Oldtimer the meat is not labeled now in the US and Canada is exporting a record amount of boxed beef. Why will importing Canadian cattle stop them from buying beef? Isn't it the same beef whether it is processed in the US or Canada? Harp on MCOOL all you want but the fact that the US consumers are buying record amounts Canadian boxed beef speaks louder than your fear mongering about labeling it.

Tam, most don't know they are eating Canadian boxed beef. I asked a few at the meat counter the other day and they said I was wrong as the border is still closed. Will they if the USDA stamp is no longer on it?

Tam said:
Oldtimer said:
Bull Burger said:

Has the US consumer stopped eating beef in the US since the US started taking boneless boxed beef? Oldtimer the meat is not labeled now in the US and Canada is exporting a record amount of boxed beef. Why will importing Canadian cattle stop them from buying beef? Isn't it the same beef whether it is processed in the US or Canada? Harp on MCOOL all you want but the fact that the US consumers are buying record amounts Canadian boxed beef speaks louder than your fear mongering about labeling it.

Tam- Most consumers now believe that Canadian beef is being banned-- They think the border is closed, and know nothing of the boxed beef imports-- All the beef they are buying is lableled with a USDA stamp- so must be a US product, since it has no labels showing its from Canada.......But the consumer is finally being educated- thats one of the reasons in the growth of organic beef consumption, and I think when the Courts get thru they will mandate the public be told the truth.........

OT, why don't you believe the fact that Canadian beef is produced under the same protocols as US beef?

The USDA stamp is a grade stamp showing specific characteristics of quallity. Do you think consumers are too dumb to understand that?

MRJ

MRJ said:
OT, why don't you believe the fact that Canadian beef is produced under the same protocols as US beef?

The USDA stamp is a grade stamp showing specific characteristics of quallity. Do you think consumers are too dumb to understand that?

MRJ

Canada is a country with 4 origin cattle found positive for BSE- US has NONE--Risk factor in Canada much higher-- Not the same protocols required.....

The USDA inspected stamp is a fraud that leads consumers to believe it is a US product, produced and slaughtered in the US, and inspected by US employees--none of which may be true........

Oldtimer said:
MRJ said:

MRJ

Canada is a country with 4 origin cattle found positive for BSE- US has NONE--Risk factor in Canada much higher-- Not the same protocols required.....

The USDA inspected stamp is a fraud that leads consumers to believe it is a US product, produced and slaughtered in the US, and inspected by US employees--none of which may be true........

As usual, OT didn't answer a single question........

Bull Burger said:
Oldtimer said:
MRJ said:

MRJ

As usual, OT didn't answer a single question........

After you ask Dittmer and the PR firms you can answer mine :lol:

MRJ said:

MRJ

Whether you call it "dumb" or "ignorant of the facts", or whatever, I'll GUARANTEE you that the vast majority of consumers don't know what that stamp means.

The way you two (Rancher and Oldtimer) speak about the average US consumer you would think they may not even know that the US had a case within their own borders. Is that why they are still eating Beef in the US? Do the US consumers know about the Washington cow in the US slaughter plant? Do they know there are millions of other Canadian cattle living somewhere in the US herd? Do they care that these cattle will be GRANDFATHERED into the US herd and if they are labeled in the future they will be considered US beef because no one in the US can find them to identify them as Canadian cattle? Do the US consumers know just how much Canadian feed has been eaten by US cattle over the past ten to fifteen years? If you label the beef do these consumer not deserve to know that the burger that they just ate at a fast food joint may have been imported. If you label all the meat they see in the meat counter will they not also believe that what they eat out is also US beef? If you really want the consumer to know where their beef comes from why don't you really let them know who raised it by tagging every animal to prove place of birth. Then if someone gets sick from the US beef they will know exactly who raised that beef.

reader (the Second) said:
Sandhusker said:
MRJ said:

MRJ

Whether you call it "dumb" or "ignorant of the facts", or whatever, I'll GUARANTEE you that the vast majority of consumers don't know what that stamp means.

I had NO clue thst USDA didn't mean inspected U.S.of A. beef. I knew it had to do with being inspected but I would of never thunk it was beef from other countries with a USDA stamp on it. I didn't know til y'all told me.

Don't feel bad reader-- I didn't either until about 6 years ago when the NCBA leadership convinced me of how important it was to tell consumers the truth and have mandatory Country of Origin Labeling-- then for whatever reason NCBA flipflopped and agreed with the packers that it was OK to deceive the consumer........

Oldtimer said:
MRJ said:

MRJ

We may have had 4 cases but one of those cases was not found in a Canadian slaughter plant now was if Oldtimer? Neither were the three that were found on Canadian soil. You may not think that matters but to your export markets it must or you could have used "but it was an imported case" to reopen your export markets but you have not been able to sell that story to your export markets have you Oldtimer?

And again if the stamp is a fraud then won't the label also be if your consumers see the label on all the meat in the meat count and assume that the meat served by food service outlets is the same as that that they see in the meat count? Which also may not be true. They will also be seeing that label on Canadian beef that was grandfathered into the US as you can't prove which is Canadian and which is not now.

Tam said:
Oldtimer said:
MRJ said:

MRJ

We may have had 4 cases but one of those cases was not found in a Canadian slaughter plant now was if Oldtimer? Neither were the three that were found on Canadian soil. You may not think that matters but to your export markets it must or you could have used "but it was an imported case" to reopen your export markets but you have not been able to sell that story to your export markets have you Oldtimer?

And again if the stamp is a fraud then won't the label also be if your consumers see the label on all the meat in the meat count and assume that the meat served by food service outlets is the same as that that they see in the meat count? Which also may not be true. They will also be seeing that label on Canadian beef that was grandfathered into the US as you can't prove which is Canadian and which is not now.

1. Tam can you prove that the reason our foreign markets haven't reopened to our US exports is because they have not been adequately insured that they won't be getting mixed in Canadian beef?

2. I agree 100%-- All beef, both in the stores and food service should be labeled as to Country of Origin-- Its the right thing to do for consumers- but it may take a step at a time to accomplish it....
And just because we made a mistake by letting in unlabeled foreign cattle and/or beef that may be of higher risk, doesn't mean that we should continue to do it....Bad enough when your little and you stick your finger in an open flame once, but you soon learn not to do it again, because you get burned and it hurts....We can't stop all the risk- but we can do all to reduce it..........

reader (the Second) said:
Sandhusker said:
MRJ said:

MRJ

I had NO clue thst USDA didn't mean inspected U.S.of A. beef. I knew it had to do with being inspected but I would of never thunk it was beef from other countries with a USDA stamp on it. I didn't know til y'all told me.

reader, there is BOTH USDA inspection and USDA grading....... imported beef has to be inspected equivalent to domestic beef.

The grade stamp denotes quality. Many in the cattle business have been trying for years to get rid of that because it isn't the best means of denoting quality, in the opinions of many.

MRJ

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:
Oldtimer said:

1. Tam can you prove that the reason our foreign markets haven't reopened to our US exports is because they have not been adequately insured that they won't be getting mixed in Canadian beef?

2. I agree 100%-- All beef, both in the stores and food service should be labeled as to Country of Origin-- Its the right thing to do for consumers- but it may take a step at a time to accomplish it....
And just because we made a mistake by letting in unlabeled foreign cattle and/or beef that may be of higher risk, doesn't mean that we should continue to do it....Bad enough when your little and you stick your finger in an open flame once, but you soon learn not to do it again, because you get burned and it hurts....We can't stop all the risk- but we can do all to reduce it..........

Has Japan or any other country asked the US to verify any thing but the age Oldtimer? Have they asked the US to verify origin?

Wasn't it R-CALF that spouted they got M'COOL passed and that it was a good bill? and wasn't it them that got the only verifiable way to prove where the meat actually comes from taken out of the bill (M"ID")? R-CALF wants to force the packers to label the meat but the packers have no way to guarantee the label they are being forced to put on.

You never answered me you say the stamp is fraud won't the label also be? why don't you fight to get the bill changed to included all meat and some way of verifing that label instead of forcing something on the beef industry that is just as much a fraud as the USDA stamp you seem to hate?

MRJ said:

MRJ

YES THEY ARE THAT DUMB GEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ........

Most consumers don't know what "USDA inspected" means huh?

Ah......let's see now........USDA.......United States Department of Agriculture.........ahhhh.........."inspected".........ahhhhh......... to examine carefully for faults, errors, etc.............ahhhh.......ummmmm.....YEH, THAT MUST MEAN IT IS A PRODUCT OF THE U.S.

DUH???????

Sorry, I'm just a stupid consumer who doesn't know the definition of words.

~SH~

Latest posts