• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bit of a wreck today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver I am the same way. When Soap posts pictures i just start them loading and go do something else. Come back later and click the x's on the ones that didn't load and I am in ''heaven''. Soap takes me to the sandhills without buying gas to leave this flat country :lol:

Silver said:
That looks like a pretty good deal Soapweed. Are those pics old, or have you got really clean cows? :wink:
Have you got an exterior picture of it? I guess it must have skids under it if its portable, have you had occasion to move it?
I've been considering something portable for future calving operations, and something like that might be just the deal. A couple of radiant heaters in the ceiling with a 500 lb pig outside might just make life a heck of alot easier.

Silver, here are the pictures of the portable barn which were posted on February 22, 2008.

Agentlemanthatmakesniceportableshed.jpg

A gentleman who makes nice portable cattle sheds
IputinanorderforthisbackinDecember.jpg

I put in an order for this back in December, and it was delivered yesterday.
Itis50feetby12feet.jpg

It is 50 feet by 12 feet.
Withthree6-footslidingdoorsandfourw.jpg

With three 6-foot sliding doors, and four windows

mwj, thank you for the kind comments. I feel honored that you would go to so much trouble just to see a few Sandhills pictures.

A set of wheels on the back end that swing down with a hydraulic ramp and the same with a hitch on the front end and then it doesn't matter how much bedding is inside and how far away you want to take it. The rear wheels might need to steer. I have a portable shelter like that, built out of an old 45 foot drill mover.

I had a pretty good day! Sorry for all the problems. Grandma always said that if you could keep all that stuff in the barnyard, you would be allright. I had a heifer break a leg a few years ago. It was swinging loosly between the knee and ankle. I put her in a small pen (10 x 10), and fed her. She healed up and made a cow. Raises a good calf every year. No cast, no nuthin, and it healed straight.

Just an idea here instead of lining it with particle board I wonder if puckboard might work better-it sure would be easier to keep clean and disinfect. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to go in there with an EXT-I'd feel like a trapped rat. At least out in the pasture they'll roll you under a fence eventually.

mwj said:
Silver I am the same way. When Soap posts pictures i just start them loading and go do something else. Come back later and click the x's on the ones that didn't load and I am in ''heaven''. Soap takes me to the sandhills without buying gas to leave this flat country :lol:

Yea and the wind is not blowing here

Northern Rancher said:
Just an idea here instead of lining it with particle board I wonder if puckboard might work better-it sure would be easier to keep clean and disinfect. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to go in there with an EXT-I'd feel like a trapped rat. At least out in the pasture they'll roll you under a fence eventually.

Here is how we have it rigged up on the inside. By using four 8' panels and four 10' panels, it makes five box stalls plus a narrow alley to load the stalls. The end stall makes a good place to put the night horse between checks.

Fourboxstallsforcowsandaplaceonthee.jpg

Four box stalls for cows and a stall on the end in which to put the night horse between checks.
Theeastentrancetothebarn.jpg

The east entrance to the barn, where cows can be persuaded into the door with the use of portable corral panels

That`s a nice outfit SW. Don`t know if I psted it before, but I have one from Nebraska, "Not the same builder". It`s 12x40 with 4 pens. The liner is 1/2 inch 4ft high, "high density plastic" We really llike it but I like the sl[iding doors on yours. "If I`d ever take the time to figureout how to post pics I`d pass it along"

Jack Taylor at Melfort make a similar product. It doesn't feature one on his webstite, but I know he is happy to set up calving barns.http://www.canadiancuttinghorses.com/tacknfeed-taylorfarms-modularbarns.html

Latest posts