• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Black Eye For The Big 10

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
May 30, 2011 - Jim Tressel will resign as head coach of the Ohio St. Buckeyes on Monday, the Columbus Dispatch is reporting. The Dispatch, which has been all over the Ohio State program in recent months, shares a memo from president E. Gordon Gee, which spells out the resignation about as clearly as possible:

I write to let you know that later this morning we will be announcing the resignation of Jim Tressel as head coach of the University's football program.

Gee says that, upon reviewing guidance from a special committee, he's decided to accept Tressel's resignation.

Ohio State football remains in the middle of a memorabilia-for-tattoos scandal and a cheap cars scandal, which have easily become conflated at times as the walls appear to close in. Tressel was already suspended for five games in 2011 -- up, at his request, from the two games he'd originally been docked -- and would've seen his team go without the services of Terrelle Pryor and others for almost half the season.

Tressel will leave with a 106-22 record as Buckeyes coach, which includes six straight Big Ten titles and the 2002 national title.

well, looks like Nubraskuh is a good fit for the big ten after all.....

Could "Bo" leave the children of the corn & take the job at Ohio State?

Or is it just a rumor?

He did say one time that his ultimate goal was to go back to his alma mater...

Why would he? He has everything he wants right in Lincoln. Who knows just what will be uncovered at OSU as the investigation continues? How many years will OSU be excluded from participating in a bowl game? What restrictions may be put on recruiting?

OSU may end up in the same boat that Southern Methodist was years ago. Who would want to come into a program with all that to contend with? I doubt that Bo goes anywhere, except to a BCS Title game. :wink: :D

Bo will leave. give him time. he will dump NU in a heart beat for the right job. although, I do think the idiot is smart enough to let the waters clear up at OSU, he is interested in the job.

nebraska is not the all powerful best job there is ....no matter what you corn heads think

jigs said:
Bo will leave. give him time. he will dump NU in a heart beat for the right job. although, I do think the idiot is smart enough to let the waters clear up at OSU, he is interested in the job.

nebraska is not the all powerful best job there is ....no matter what you corn heads think

Maybe not, but we never had to settle for a retread coach like you MildCats did. :wink: I don't think Bo is money driven, and the OSU mess may be years and years from finally being over. :???:

GO KU! My new favorite Big 12 team.

Bo is a dousche bag. plain and simple. has said before, his dream job is Ohio State.

I don't think Bo has ever said that he wants to go back to Ohio. In addition, he's got a better job at Nebraska, first rate facilities, supportive fans, great AD, etc....

He's also got things running well in Lincoln. He's barely missed having back-to-back conf. champions, will again have one of the nation's premiere defenses, and the new offense could be explosive with the weapons he has. In short, Bo has Nebraska lined out for big, big things.

he HAD them lined up for big things. the path to a national title got severly tougher with the move to the big 10. the cake walk through the north, and then a title shot at either UT or OU was a LOT easier than the schedule NU has in the big ten....

I doubt that any husker fan will recognize this fact...simple logic has never been a thing Husker Fans see....

I believe Ohio State may come out of this with no more punnishment handed down by the NCAA and I predict Luke Fickell Will get the Bucks 8-9 wins which will get him a multi year contract. It would Hard for the AD to turn his head on a 8 or 9 win season with a new first year starting quarterback and all circumstances surrounding the program.

Kelly

You would think what has happened on the field between nebraska and kstate over the past century, would be enough to keep kstate fans mouths shut about nebraska. But ur right on one thing jigs the north was a cake walk, sure will miss pounding kstate. On a positve note, kstate should have one less loss on their record now that nebraska is gone. GO HUSKERS!

you must be one of those self proclaimed "greatest fans".....

sure, NU beat the hell out of KSU for years. then graciously applauded the Wildcats for the effort they put forth...then, when KSU had the balls to BEAT the mighty big pink, they were aghast that lowly KSU would DARE to beat nu....and little old ladys flipped us off, and old men used the F word around my kids.....classy indeed. then a few years later, we beat the big pink by 31 points IN LINCOLN...and Bozo called Snyder an asshole.....said we ran up the score....but in the 80's, when NU beat KSU by an average of 35 points each year, it was " we can't tell our boys to NOT score"....typical husker double standard. typical husker ass pirates.

I never liked the big 10. they are arrogant, ignorant piss ants. the huskers will fit right in.I do root for Wisconsin, however...the coach learned thee ropes in Manhattan!

I hope NU goes sub .500 for many years.

guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Surprised you like Wisconsin being that there A.D. learned thee ropes in Lincoln.

Latest posts