• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Black Mouth Cur pups NM

Help Support Ranchers.net:

curdogs

Reaction score
We have a litter of Black Mouth Cur pups out of working cattle dog parents. Brindles and yellows. Will be ready to go 11/10 and will have had two rounds of shots and worming. Parents have solid good temperaments, gentle with calves but have the aggression to work wild cattle. Loyal, hardworking and smart. Both parents have Weatherford's Ben breeding (world champion bench, cattle and hog dog). E-mail for more info.

Pics are of parents, brindle is sire and yellow is the dam.

Wood2-1.jpg

Maggiecrop-1.jpg

BunchQuitter2-1.jpg

IsaidWhoa-1.jpg

Maggiebite.jpg

Thanks, I got several thousand blurry pics and a handful of clear ones! They don't exactly keep still for long. The dogs certainly earn their keep. They're actually really gentle with calves, they just bump them with their noses. Wild cattle not so much...

She sure is a good mamma. We had a great dog that had to be
part black-mouth cur. I've had some interest in the breed
because of her, so thanks
for the pictures!! We are pretty much out of the cow business, so
aren't looking for a cattle dog. I bet these would be good ones, tho.

Appreciate some more info regarding your pups.

Currently have one of Ladners yellow ones that is a super dog, but I sure am impressed with your brindle dogs photo. Have you hunted with him at all?
I'm able to do it all with mine but he was a little hard headed until he figured it all out.

Don't know how to navigate this site or would have e mailed you.

Hi. Woodrow is only used as a cow dog but he does have a strong prey drive. We try to discourage it so that he doesn't take off hunting when he's meant to be working cattle, we're not hunters. He came from a breeder who hunts hogs for the state of OK. The dam Maggie comes from hog and cattle lines. Thankfully we don't have any hogs to hunt here.. yet.

I don't think that there is any other creature that can look as luxuriously lazy as a litter of pups sleeping sprawled up against momma's udder with their belly full of milk!

What's the price and how close are you to a major airport? Could you ship on an airline?

Mine is a tracking fool. Local law enforcement have used him for a run away,didn't find because he stole a car: a suicide that he did find before he accomplished his intentions and a bad guy in a corn field(he decided he didn't want to tangle with a dog). He isn't FEMA certified, but it certainly wouldn't be any trouble getting it. This guy is about half serious about protecting what's his as in don't put your hand in the pickup and dont act dumb around him. My fault for not socializing as a pup. I think he qualifies as a "redneck dog".

Road hunts varmits hanging out the window-scents,let him out and probably 90% of the time,he catches on the ground.
Best he's ever done is 5 coons in an hour and 1/2-does like to mix it up when he catches. Had to use a collar on him to get him to quit and now don't even bother with that.

On cattle, just show him what you want done and he quits when you tell him that's enough. All in all, probably one of the better dogs I've ever owned.

Sorry, for some reason I didn't get an e-mail letting me know I had new posts! Here's a video I took of them on Wednesday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFUV-aB2dmA

We won't ship them. It's too stressful on a young pup, and seeing how some of my bags have arrived I wouldn't trust the airlines with a dog. We might have another litter in a couple of years, we just bred this one for a younger dog to start and Maggie isn't too pleased about having to stay home when Woodrow goes to work.

I train SAR dogs but I don't use curs. We played around a bit with Maggie but she came at me with her hackles up when she found me behind a bush, it took her a minute to figure out it was me. She has that cur personality, unless she's met someone she is suspicious. I guess they're known as 'unstealable' for a reason!

The little stinkers are 7 weeks old now. Here's some pics and video of them at 5 weeks. They didn't appreciate being cooped up all day with the rain. They're huge, around 14lbs now!

DSCN2593.jpg

DSCN2555.jpg

DSCN2532.jpg

Brindlefemale.jpg

Brindlefemalephoto2.jpg

Brindlemale.jpg

Brindlemalephoto2.jpg

DSCN2548.jpg

DSCN2549.jpg

DSCN2570.jpg

DSCN2572.jpg

DSCN2581.jpg

DSCN2582.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCwS11rWweU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRiSbXrm88o&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hye_JldiDuQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

They're a handful but i'll have a long face when they leave. We're keeping the one in the second pic but i'd gladly keep them all.

Like FH, it's a good thing I'm not close!!! They are beautiful pups!! I really like the yellow ones.

Thanks, we've been really pleased with the litter. We weighed them tonight and they range between 16lbs and 19lbs!! They're going through 22 cups of food a day :shock:

Latest posts