• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

BLIZZARD ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

With the 50 degree weather we have been having- its hard to remember its still winter...

But it looks like the center of the country could be in for a blizzard...

Blizzard to Target Colorado, Nebraska, Northwest Kansas

By Alex Sosnowski, Expert Senior Meteorologist
Feb 1, 2012; 4:00 PM ETShare | .

A modest snowfall over the northern Rockies will turn into a raging snowstorm and even a blizzard for part of the central High Plains to the eastern slopes of the Colorado Rockies to end the week.

Heavy snow will soon fall with strong winds causing low visibility, large snowdrifts and poor travel from eastern Colorado to southwestern and central Nebraska to northwestern Kansas.

Colorado Springs, Denver and Pueblo in Colorado, Grand Island, McCook and North Platte in Nebraska and Goodland in Kansas will be in the heart of the storm with a foot of snow possible.

Full story and maps:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/blizzard-to-target-colorado-ne/61006

the feedlots in SW Kansas have shut us off on hay trucks...they are affraid they will have thier hands full pushing snow, and asked us to wait till next week to deliver hay...the drivers seemed to be ok with it, I guess getting snowed in at a feedlot is not near as fun as at a truck stop.....

gcreekrch said:
Soapweed must be ready to start calving. :lol:

Thats what scares me with this good weather- winter is all going to show up when calving starts... :(
As we were walking around in our shirtsleeves this afternoon looking at the bulls- my son mentioned that in less than 45 days some early calves could be showing up...

gcreekrch said:
Soapweed must be ready to start calving. :lol:

We still have about three weeks of freedom before the time bomb goes off. With the nice weather, we goofed a bit and took in a couple days at the Black Hills Stock Show. Yesterday and today we ran replacement heifer calves through and gave them their pre-breeding vaccination--BovaShield Gold FP. The optimum time to give this vaccination is thirty days before breeding the heifers. It seems we are swamped with other things at that time, so elected to give it nearly four months early. At least that job is done and out of the way. The weather was entirely beautiful today, with a high temperature in the low 50's. Storm coming tomorrow night, which made us enjoy today all the more. :)

SNOWING PRETTY GOOD RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW, BUT SURE IT WILL BE GONE BY NOON!! I HAVE A FRIEND WHO IS FLYING OUT OF BOZEMAN TOMORROW, LAY OVER IN DENVER AND THEN HEADING TO AUSTIN FOR A NEPHEWS WEDDING...HOPE ALL GOES WELL AND SHE ARRIVES SAFE AND SOUND!!

well i used to just wash the pickup when it got too try and sometimes it worked, but not lately so now i'm going to see if i can fool mother nature by not washing it. :lol:

Latest posts