• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

BLM Mustang Round-up Pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mustang

Reaction score
These pictures are of mustangs in the wild and then documented in the BLM corrals at Harriman UT. after the round-up.

The scars of life,,,, some on the outside and some on the inside.
BrownSp8Aug04016.jpg

BrownSp8Aug04023-1.jpg

Herrimank30thSept04059-1.jpg

The grey and the palomino paint have a scrap in the BLM trap out at Brown Spring in the west desert.

BrownSp8Aug04065.jpg

Herrimank30thSept04032.jpg

BrownSp8Aug04083copy.jpg

Herrimank30thSept04061.jpg

BrownSp8Aug04051.jpg

BrownSp8Aug04083copy.jpg

The palomino paint was the looser in the fight.
Herrimank30thSept04048.jpg

Herrimank30thSept04063.jpg

Just expressing his displeasure at being locked up.

Herrimank30thSept04017.jpg

This little guy is feeling out of place, all along and with long ears.

HerrimanMustangs14thSept04023.jpg

New postPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I really enjoy looking at the pictures you post, Mustang.

Tex

Hi Tex,,,, Appreciate your post.. Due to my excessively sensitive personality I long for little pats on the head. Those zeros next to my post just tears my little heart out. Just because of you,,, and a few others, I will now be, able to post again. :) :) :)

Glad you like them

I enjoy your post as well. What becomes of these horses once they are caught like this?

Silver said:
I enjoy your post as well. What becomes of these horses once they are caught like this?

About every four years the BLM rounds them up using a helicopter and a catch pen. They then turn back out a previously determined number which the area will support with feed and water. Birth Control shots are given to a lot of the mares in an effort to control numbers. The theory being fewer round-ups. In the past they would truck them to Herriman Utah to a corral managed by the BLM. In the winter the corral became really deep and the horses looked really bad. The complaining caused the BLM to move all the horses to either Delta Utah's holding corral or the prison program at Gunnison Utah.

They also truck a lot of them east and adopt them our through auctions, to anyone who will buy them. The Mustangs remain the property of the BLM for one year in an effort to keep them from being sold as meat.

Latest posts