• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Blooming..... flowers and idiots

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
The daffodils are blooming. The apricot tree is blooming. The Forsythia bushes are blooming. And it is snowing this morning. Not hard and too warm to stick but it is white stuff falling from the sky. And for some unknown reason some of the downstream neighbors decided that today was the day to open the head gate and start irrigation water running down the ditch. The actual withdrawal from the river and the head gate are on my property. The next guy down from me is a little up set about this. I am sure not opening the gate to give them a full ditch. I hope they have fun irrigating while the snow is flying.

Attachments

• P4042459.JPG
    P4042459.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 26
  • P4042458.JPG
    P4042458.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 25
  • P4042457.JPG
    P4042457.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 26
They just popped out in the last couple of days. You are higher but also further south which lessens the elevation effect to a degree. Grass here is wanting to grow but we keep getting frosty mornings. We need grass to grow. Everyone is starting to get short on hay. The hay growers still have hay in the stacks but strangely they want to get paid for it. We are about 10 days from normal turn out on private ground. And 15 days from BLM turn out.

I am at 400 feet and I don't have any pretty flowers blooming other than a few Daffy Dills. Our season here is about 2 weeks behind this spring. The morning winds are much colder than usual. The alfalfa looks great and on schedule.
New Image daff2.jpg

Latest posts