• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

BMr-

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowsense

Reaction score
Got my Stockgrower mag tonight- You were maybe a bit understaffed for the weaning gather...... musta took a couple of calves just for crew lunch ! :lol: I didn't think you were serious about the Galloway breed until I seen your crew pictured on the affiliate page with the Sask. Galloway Assoc. :shock: :shock: :lol: :wink:

That crew can sure pack away the PIE :!: Oh well most of them weren't drinkers so food is cheap entertainment. Yea looks like I have renewed interest in Galloway. That was a different party when that picture was taken but a fun time no the less. They must have been short of pictures cause they used a bunch this issue.

I know that some Galloway would make thrifty cows but the calves still need to sell and some buyers don't know how they perform. I think if a person was in a grass fed program they would be great but I am not there at this time.

Quite a few years ago, I considered using Galloway bulls on my first calf heifers. Several potential buyers expressed concern that the extra hair would collect too much mud in the feedlots. They properly scared me on selling the calves so I decided against the project. I even had one bull bought, but made my ol' spur-trading uncle a whale of a deal, and got the bull peddled. :wink: :)

Soapweed said:
Quite a few years ago, I considered using Galloway bulls on my first calf heifers. Several potential buyers expressed concern that the extra hair would collect too much mud in the feedlots. They properly scared me on selling to calves so I decided against the project. I even had one bull bought, but made my ol' spur-trading uncle a whale of a deal, and got the bull peddled. :wink: :)

I hear you Soapweed, If you don't have a matket it is going to cost you. Sort of if it's not broke why fix it. That's why I thought if a person was in a grass finishing or maybe ust running them to long yearling then finish might work, or in a niche program like Randy's.

Latest posts