• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bonjeur....sp?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jassy

Reaction score
We sure had an interesting last few days....2 young French men from Paris France, just out of college are setting out on an adventure of a lifetime. They are taking a year off just to travel. Anyway they show up in Valentine and stop at the feedlot where we have our calves, and asked if they could visit a "real cow ranch"...so the feedlot guy called us, and out the two came. Their english was ruff,,and boy do the French talk fast! They asked 10,000 questions about everything, and we did the same about France. They were so funny and polite and very entertaining. The only cowboy they know is what they see on t.v., and they thought hubby looked like Chuck Norris on "Walker Texas Ranger"..lol They stayed with us a couple of days and then left to continue their travels across the US, Canada, Mexico, and South America. I now can say that I actually know someone from Paris now! lol

Pouring-Mineral.jpg

Mathiew and Dimitri helping put out mineral...

Matt-Shovel.jpg

Mathiew so eager to work...and they did.

Matt-Gate.jpg

His first attempt at a gate..lol (notice his dimestore hat..lol)

Simeon-School.jpg

I took them to our little country school,,and they talked alot to the kids...

French-Guests.jpg

They have a good time...all the time...

France--US.jpg

WOW!!!! How Cool!!!!!

I bet those two won't ever forget what you all taught em about ranchin.
That's really neat that they are able to do what they are doin.
I guess it would be like....tourin Europe for the very few that do it these days. No tellin what they'll get to witness in all their journeys. And what nice hosts ya'll were to let them come aboard and help out.

Did you print pictures for them to take with em?

Good story! Glad they got to see and experience a real ranch. Something they will remember forever.

Over the years we've had different exchange students stay here for a week as they were getting ready to head back home after their year in America. They all spoke fleuent english by then and it was very interesting.

We had kids from New Holland, Austria, Germany, Spain, and Greece. This young fellow from Greece wanted to be a cowboy. So we took him out riding and moved a few cows around. Somewhere along the line he managed to get a bit of cow manure on his pants. He was soo proud of his cowed up blue jeans that he would not have them washed and took them back to Greece like that to prove to everyone that he was a cowboy.

Thanks for sharing the story and pics, I think the French kids are wrong about your Hubby, the pics I've seen of him he looks a lot more like Tom Berenger then Norris. :lol:

Looks like those young men had a great time visiting your ranch, Jassy. They will remember the experience for the rest of their lives, and will always have pleasant memories of their stay in the Sandhills. Thanks for your efforts. :)

Your place sound like ours. Always a few strays show up and add to the enjoyment of life. :D We hav had people from all over the world and made some good friends. All summer we get tourist to Tam's gallery so quite a variety. :)

Exchanges like that are wonderful. Wouldn't the world be a better place if we could all experience living with others in far off places. Our local univ. has a program to help locals entertain foreign students for a year, that is to have them over for supper once in awhile or take them places. We've had French and Chinese students thru that program which was very interesting. And we housed some high chool age Austrians part of the summer after meeting their parents at a bus stop! It was an eye-opener both ways I'm sure!

Jassy, did you get the French to cook for you :)

Dang.....why can't 2 cute guys like that ever show up here?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:) Very cool Jassy,thx for sharing.

I had a homecare client that couldn't speak English just French. Had to do exercises after a hip replacement. I'd lay beside her on the bed to show her what to do.In Canada because of Quebec we take French in school,I thought no problam we can communicate..... :shock: Yikes,the French talk sooooooooo fast,I didn't make out one word she ever said to me. But we had lots of laughs,that crosses all borders.

Big Muddy rancher said:
kolanuraven said:
Dang.....why can't 2 cute guys like that ever show up here?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You mean like Jigs and Texan? :nod: :cowboy:

Oh yeah...now wouldn't that just make my day!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the picture story Jassy,I do believe thats the fanciest pair of tennis shoes Ive seen :D
good luck

OK, I know I shouldn't ask but ......... Jassy that's you in the bottom picture, right? If so, you just dressed like that for the picture? Them's not your ordinary work clothes, right? Inquiring minds need to know!!!! Don't get mad at me, pleez!

After having Matheiw and Dimitri here, I would sure enjoy having other young folks come visit,,I sure learned alot!

Lilly, no I didn't print out the pictures, but I emailed them to the guys..they are traveling so light, they didn't want to keep track of them. They had 3 camera's with them including a video and they took tons of pictures too.

They didn't cook for us, but they did buy steak, potatoes, and corn on the cobb and we grilled em...they will eat anything! and lots of anything! Dimitri though loves chocolate and ate almost a whole container of chocolate icecream while he was here...I made them chocolate chip muffins to take with them and you would of thought I'd given them a million dollars...lol

Shelly, I know...not in my coveralls,,so I was hoping no one would reconize me..lol

As far as my "Chuck Norris" cowboy...trust me...he can't get them ole bowed legs to move as fast as the real Chuck..lol

I met Chuck Norris once on vacation by chance, shook his hand even, but he didn't strike me as that interesting looking.
Now your husband on the other hand, Jassy, he has character!

Latest posts