• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bottom falling out of thermometer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

The snow quit and the wind went down, but now the thermometer is on a downward plunge--already down to 5 below....Canadians must have forgot to close the back door again :lol: ... The grandson and I have to be 15 miles north early tomorrow morning to work about 40-50 cows for a guy-BRRRR...

But they're predicting winds and 20 below chill factor for tomorrow night...

Big Muddy rancher said:
i think you ought to invite Haymaker up for Christmas. :wink: :cowboy:

This week made me think about moving in with my sister for the winter---she lives in Haymakers hill country......That Canadian antifreeze just doesn't seem to work as good as it used to--old body aches more every winter...

Guess I just got spoiled with the nice fall we had......

Seems like the older we get-the more winter clothes go on! Anyway it is 17here this a.m. in central KS and it to be in the forties today. Like you said,OT, the nice mild fall got us spoiled and so bet we have to pay for it with a nasty winter. Oh well, have the cattle situated for the time being and have to have the vet out a 2 or 3 times for calf hooding heifers, and preg check, and next thing we know it will be calving time -start in later part of Januarary. Have a great day at whatever you are doing.

Heads up Rowdy Ranch- I think this is supposed to dip down south and east-- Little nippy this morning--16 below down here on the river.......

-5 here this morning and another 3-4 inches of the white stuff, total of about a foot on the flat. Suppossed to keep on snowing but warm up a bit. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas :lol:

Only -2 here this morning but it sure makes the wood stove feel good. Glad the guys got wood cut the last couple days, it's disappearing pretty fast. No wind and no new snow though.

8 degrees over on this side of the county first thing this AM Liberty Belle. Balmy :!:

Colder than hell here this morning! Not exactly sure what it is, somewhere in the -15 to -20 C range. Still not cold enough for me to pull on my winter coveralls yet, though. Legs were pretty red when I did come in from doing chores, but I think I can tough it out till it gets a little colder. Husband is loading two semis with barley today out of a pile we have on the ground. He is using the Bobcat and it has no cab, so I imagine he'll be a might chilly when he gets done.

Latest posts