• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bounce This Around

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Casa Paloma

Reaction score
The US Postal Service sent out a message to all letter carriers to put a sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to keep yellow jackets away. The yellow jackets just veer around you. And all this time you've just been putting Bounce in the dryer!

It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them.

It also repels mice. Spread them around foundation areas, or in trailers, cars that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle.

It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get opened too often.

Repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.

Eliminates static electricity from your television (or computer) screen. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.

Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.

Freshen the air in your home. Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.

Put Bounce in vacuum cleaner.

Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.

Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.

Freshen the air in your car. Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.

Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food.

Eliminate odors in wastebaskets...Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.

Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.

Eliminate static electricity from venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.

Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.

Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.

Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.

Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.

Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. Keeps them smelling fresh.

All of that sounds good until now in a couple years they will tell us that anyone in the past 10 years who has used a "bounce" smelly thing is going to contract and die a miserable death from some new cancer or disease or something!!! Thats usually how it works.

TXTibbs said:
All of that sounds good until now in a couple years they will tell us that anyone in the past 10 years who has used a "bounce" smelly thing is going to contract and die a miserable death from some new cancer or disease or something!!! Thats usually how it works.

probably, but i will die static free and smelling pretty darned good 8) 8)

ranchwife said:
TXTibbs said:

ranchwife don't you get enough "STATIC" from the guys on ranchers. :wink: :cowboy:

Big Muddy rancher said:
ranchwife said:
TXTibbs said:

ranchwife don't you get enough "STATIC" from the guys on ranchers. :wink: :cowboy:

is that really something that can be cured by something as simple as a bounce fabric sheet?? :shock: :shock: Sheeeeeeesh!!! here i was thinking it was gonna take an act of God :wink: :wink:

Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.

Hey Hanta Yo and TX Tibbs---do you think Bounce will work for Corgi hair? Ours is getting doubly spoiled--hubby has decided she can be on the couch--doesn't really bother me that much--but all her hair seems to stick to everything!!!! Oh well, the Corgs are pretty hard not to love, that's for sure.

Hanta Yo, we've been thinking of getting a pair of "doggles" where did you say you got Corky's?

Cheers-

TTB

turkey track bar,

It might work, I'll have to try it. Although my Corgi hasn't gotten to the shed stage yet, but rather its my border collie that seems to shed 365 days a year!

That picture you have of that Corgi looks almost exactly like my little pup. They are nice little dogs. Mine is starting to get a personality now and learning some manners.

Whats a doggle?

Take care

TX Tibbs:
It might work, I'll have to try it. Although my Corgi hasn't gotten to the shed stage yet, but rather its my border collie that seems to shed 365 days a year!

I was raised with "Borders" (BC for short) and really wanted one---the hubby wasn't so excited about it-likes them but doesn't like them in the house, and as I've previously stated on here, dogs are always welcome in my house, with two excepts, after rolling in something dead (yuk!!!) and after trying to herd skunks! Our operation is truly a family outfit-4 generations worth on the place and B.C.'s don't tend to take orders from several "generals" very well. The hair issues is probably the reason why he didn't want one---it is a mess. At my folks, my mom is continually trying to keep up with border collie hair, and all the things that come in on their tails.

So, we have a little Corgi-about 7 months old. We really do love her and I'm now really glad we got her instead of a BC. We have several friends who had Corgis before we got ours and they are sharp, quick dogs.

Ours was house broke by the time she was 7 weeks old (we got her a little early at 5 weeks), and not kinda potty trained, but 100%!!!!! And, we're no dog trainers either! She also learned to sit on command at about ten weeks---she comes really well, but we are working to teach her to stay and lay down. It is now evident that we aren't dog trainers! As well, ours has really good manners until a little kid comes around and then the manners get a little weak because she is so excited! That's one thing about Corgis, it seems they all love kids!

Whats a doggle?

A "doggle" is/are doggie goggles. Hanta Yo has a Corgi too (as I'm sure you've noticed) and she used to have a picture with "Corky" wearing his doggles.

Enjoy your dogs---both are such awesome breeds. I bet everyday is hoot around your place--and have a great day-

Cheers-

TTB :wink:

TXTibbs said:
SASH said:
Boy, some Bounce and a bit of WD-40 and it seems all life's problems will be solved.

don't forget duct tape and bailing wire, or twine :wink:

And a big hammer and a pair of visegrips.

Keeping mosquitos away? It is worth a try at least but I'm awfully attractive to them. Wonder if putting one on the picnic table would keep yellow jackets away also. How about the IRS? :D

nr said:
Keeping mosquitos away? It is worth a try at least but I'm awfully attractive to them. Wonder if putting one on the picnic table would keep yellow jackets away also. How about the IRS? :D

not sure about the irs, nr!! not even the fresh scent of cow manure or even death keeps those buzzards away!! :wink:

Turkey Track Bar said:

Hey Hanta Yo and TX Tibbs---do you think Bounce will work for Corgi hair? Ours is getting doubly spoiled--hubby has decided she can be on the couch--doesn't really bother me that much--but all her hair seems to stick to everything!!!! Oh well, the Corgs are pretty hard not to love, that's for sure.

Hanta Yo, we've been thinking of getting a pair of "doggles" where did you say you got Corky's?

Cheers-

TTB

TTB,

Got Corky's "Doggles" at Petsmart. They cost $20.00, but what a hoot! When we go into Billings, we put his doggles on and he likes to sit on hubby's lap and hang his head out the open window of the pickup. You can only imagine the looks on peoples' faces when they see him. I'll change my avatar back to the doggle pic.

TTFN
Hanta Yo :D

Turkey Track Bar said:
TX Tibbs:

I was raised with "Borders" (BC for short) and really wanted one---the hubby wasn't so excited about it-likes them but doesn't like them in the house, and as I've previously stated on here, dogs are always welcome in my house, with two excepts, after rolling in something dead (yuk!!!) and after trying to herd skunks! Our operation is truly a family outfit-4 generations worth on the place and B.C.'s don't tend to take orders from several "generals" very well. The hair issues is probably the reason why he didn't want one---it is a mess. At my folks, my mom is continually trying to keep up with border collie hair, and all the things that come in on their tails.

So, we have a little Corgi-about 7 months old. We really do love her and I'm now really glad we got her instead of a BC. We have several friends who had Corgis before we got ours and they are sharp, quick dogs.

Ours was house broke by the time she was 7 weeks old (we got her a little early at 5 weeks), and not kinda potty trained, but 100%!!!!! And, we're no dog trainers either! She also learned to sit on command at about ten weeks---she comes really well, but we are working to teach her to stay and lay down. It is now evident that we aren't dog trainers! As well, ours has really good manners until a little kid comes around and then the manners get a little weak because she is so excited! That's one thing about Corgis, it seems they all love kids!

Whats a doggle?

A "doggle" is/are doggie goggles. Hanta Yo has a Corgi too (as I'm sure you've noticed) and she used to have a picture with "Corky" wearing his doggles.

Enjoy your dogs---both are such awesome breeds. I bet everyday is hoot around your place--and have a great day-

Cheers-

TTB :wink:
Maybe Macon can put these posts on the horse and dog area, anyway, our Corgi sheds something awful, it is something we just put up with and vacuum constantly. The Corgis' are soooooooo cuuuuuuuuuute! He got to help me Thurs, Fri and Sat chasing the fence crawlin' P H's around (see my post on life on the FARM). He does pretty good, I had all 4 dogs with me and the 6-wheeler, if I didn't have my little PH chasing clan, I wouldn't have gotten all the stuff done that I did, since I was by myself all weekend and it seems when hubby leaves, __it happens!!!

Latest posts