• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bowl Payouts

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
Many of these games won't be enough to pay for transportation, lodging, etc. for the entourage...................

Bowl

Payout Per Team

BCS Championship $18 M
Orange $18 M
Fiesta $18 M
Rose $18 M
Sugar $18 M
Capital One $4.25 M
Outback $3.1 M
Cotton $3 M
Chick-Fil-A* $2.83 M
Gator $2.5 M
Alamo $2.25 M
Champs Sports $2.25 M
Holiday $2.13 M
Sun $1.9 M
Liberty $1.7 M
Music City $1.6 M
Insight $1.2 M
Independence $1.1 M
Eagle Bank $1 M
St. Petersburg $1 M
Las Vegas $1 M
Meineke $1 M
Emerald $0.85 M
New Mexico $0.75 M
Poinsettia $0.75 M
Motor City $0.75 M
Humanitarian $0.75 M
International $0.75 M
GMAC $0.75 M
Texas* $0.63 M
Armed Forces $0.6 M
Hawaii $0.4 M
New Orleans $0.33 M
PapaJohns.com $0.3 M

Tenn. -2.5 vs Iowa
Bama -9.5 vs Ohio St. Body of Work
Mizzou -5.5 vs Minnesota
Baylor -3 vs Michigan St.
Auburn -5.5 vs Wisky
Southern Cal -6 vs Huskers
Boston College -3 vs Penn St.
N Carolina -3.5 vs Rutgers
L. Tech -5 vs Illinois
Standford -13 vs Maryland

Big 10 is an underdog IN EVERY BOWL GAME this year...pathetic. simply pathetic.

Best thing that could happen is for OSU to beat Bama and then go on and take it all. Then I'd get to see Jigs the irrelevant sports analyst sbit a wiggle worm with a glass eye.

What's pathetic is a conference that can't even meet the criteria to play for a national championship COMPLAINING about a conference that does meet the criteria. Truth is, the B1G has money and can draw money, while the rest of the Big XII gets the table scraps from Texas. Or as Al Bundy would say, they get Texas' "toaster leavings".

loomixguy said:
Best thing that could happen is for OSU to beat Bama and then go on and take it all. Then I'd get to see Jigs the irrelevant sports analyst sbit a wiggle worm with a glass eye.

What's pathetic is a conference that can't even meet the criteria to play for a national championship COMPLAINING about a conference that does meet the criteria. Truth is, the B1G has money and can draw money, while the rest of the Big XII gets the table scraps from Texas. Or as Al Bundy would say, they get Texas' "toaster leavings".

Jigs is correct......the Big 10 will get lit up like a pinball machine this bowl season. In the past 5 seasons, the B10 has compiled a 15-24 record in bowl games. Will be even uglier when the upcoming bowls are complete. Could be a blessing in disguise.

loomixguy said:

If "meeting the criteria" entails allowing the powerhouses Rutgers and Maryland in the conference, I applaud the Big 12.............. :roll:

That was all about the money.

With Texas controlling the purse in the Big XII, they will have a hard time recruiting new schools to join up with them. If they can't meet the criteria, blame Texas and the Big XII commissioner.....NOT the B1G.

loomixguy said:
That was all about the money.

With Texas controlling the purse in the Big XII, they will have a hard time recruiting new schools to join up with them. If they can't meet the criteria, blame Texas and the Big XII commissioner.....NOT the B1G.

Allowing Rutgers & Maryland was "all about money"? How so?

For the B1G Network and to get their foot in the door on the east coast. The east coast is loaded with B1G alums.

The draw is the driving force these days, it seems. :cry:

just spent my day in Lincoln NE for the big farm show...wore my KSU cap proudly.... at least a dozen people in Husker gear stopped me to tell me how they wish NU was in the Big 12. would rather get embarrassed by the Big 12 teams than those pathetic big ten teams....

I giggled each time. was funny to see one old man tell me that the ignorance of leaving Texas and OU behind only to find tOSU and Wisky were the same thing in different uniforms....

If by "meet the criteria" you're referring to the festering rust belt population centers, I guess the b12 is better off getting jobbed. After the exposure the rust belt is going to get this year, it's going be hard for the networks to promote such inferiority in the future.

"Meet the criteria" in this case means have 12 schools in the conference AND have a conference champion determined through a CC game. These are requirements that the Big XII doesn't meet at this time.

loomixguy said:
"Meet the criteria" in this case means have 12 schools in the conference AND have a conference champion determined through a CC game. These are requirements that the Big XII doesn't meet at this time.

Funny part about "Meeting The Criteria" is that the Big 12 had TWO teams that could arguably qualify for the 4 team playoff.

Where are the two B1G teams that could, within anyone's imagination qualify?

The B1G Runner-Up got smacked so bad in the Championship game, it was an embarrassment. :wink:

Then change the rules if you don't like it. Doesn't matter if the Big XII had 4 teams that could "arguably" qualify, without a 12 member conference and no CCG, they are Leftout LaMont. Totally self inflicted.

I can just imagine the hate if Nebraska had been in TCU's shoes, and me or Sandy had made the argument that they should get to play, even if they weren't qualified according to the rules.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game..... :wink:

Latest posts