• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Box Stalls

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Dylan Biggs

Reaction score
Phil, Annes significant other, putting the finishing touches on two new box stalls.

CIMG5223.jpg

CIMG5233.jpg

CIMG5239.jpg

Anne and I with the mare and stud colt that will be the first geusts.
CIMG5244-1.jpg

The mare didn't seem to mind.
CIMG5250-1.jpg

The foal did well for his first day being led, should make a good gelding. :)
CIMG5255.jpg
[/quote]

Here are some of what we did.

barn004.jpg

We lined the building with bridge planks

barn007.jpg

Then built it to suit us. Lisa oiled the snot out of things.

barn011.jpg

This one was kinda a double foaling stall, with a swing gate that could be shut of the stall was 12X12. That is about the only thing I miss from Kansas.

Thanks. Just as soon as we got the barn how we liked, and wanted it, we sold it. Each stall had its own run outside.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Wonder if I could borrow Phil and Lisa? :D

You could HIRE Lisa, but I am thinking you couldn't afford her. :)

We used rough 2 by 6 on the outside wall and planed on the rest.
We bought a bunch of used 25 foot sucker rod for $4 per lenght for the jail bars and in the process found out that our chop saw was not quite grunty enough. The frame, verticals and horizontals are of pressure treated 4 by 6. The verticals are 4 feet into the ground.
We bought enough 1,1/2 inch by 3/16's angle iron and combined it with some scraps laying around to frame the doors, and bought the Stanley box rail hardware to hang the doors. A bit overdone, but better then under. LazyWP, Phil is otherwise occupied at the moment should we run out of things to do I will notify you. :)

Latest posts