• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

br7090 new holland round baler.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

3words

Reaction score
Has any of you ever changed the main shaft that drives the 2nd set of stuffer fingers,from the first one,it's the splined shaft?I got the old one out,but it was getting wore had a little extra room,but not that way with the new parts.

New holland is bad about using the splined shaft and the set screw working loose. Pick an end you can work from and proceed on. The key to a new holland is don't be timid.

Can't help you. We just got one and like it so far, but its new so haven't had to work on it yet. Good luck trying to find out how to fix it in any of their manuals. Those things are the worst manual I have ever tried to read. Can't find squat in their index. Just have to thumb through and hope you spot a picture that gets close to what your looking for.

Sometimes on our New Holland equipment I will go to their parts website and get a parts breakdown once in awhile you can find a clue or two in there.

Changed the center shaft a couple of times on a BR 780A....kind of a PITA to work on. NH engineering screwed up big time with a too light pick up & a mickey mouse stuffer mechanism. Raised hell with my dealership & got some extended warranty but was not satisfied with the baler. Was dealing on a JD but was going to take a real hit on my trade when My NH dealer urged me to try a 7090 special crops baler. It has a lot of capacity, a much better pickup & supposedly a better set up to hold the stuffer together......the first year left me fairly impressed : now we just need to see how things last over several seasons!

Latest posts