• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Braggin' a bit

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Alaska-Rancher

Supporting member
Reaction score
I don't have a "big" heard of cattle anymore, age is getting revenge I think. This is the 3rd. year in a row my steer has won grand champion at Alaska State fair here in Fairbanks. Attached picture of this years winner and 4H girl

Attachments

• Ava Wilkens and steer.jpg
    Ava Wilkens and steer.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 23
  • grand champion2022.jpg
    grand champion2022.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 23
Thx LH I only run 24 or so head anymore and sell one weaner steer to a student of my choice
You should be very proud! Very nice steer that has beautiful depth. I wish I could see the chest width. I can imagine it is excellent. The girl has the steer in an excellent stance keeping the lines favorable in any judges eye. The only tip I would give the girl is to straighten her legs so her posture looks better. With just that tip I bet she could win the best showman award. She did a great job finishing that steer.

Good deal!
Many years ago my Dad picked up a couple Limo steers in Assiniboia Sask and my brother in law hauled them to Talkeetna Alaska for his son and daughter. They went to state with them. Did very well. I would have to go to Dad's to look at pictures to see what ribbons they got.

You should be very proud! Very nice steer that has beautiful depth. I wish I could see the chest width. I can imagine it is excellent. The girl has the steer in an excellent stance keeping the lines favorable in any judges eye. The only tip I would give the girl is to straighten her legs so her posture looks better. With just that tip I bet she could win the best showman award. She did a great job finishing that steer.
She did win "Best Showmanship" award

Latest posts