• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Branded the big bunch

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Branded the big bunch Saturday and Preg-garded the cows, Snow flurries off and on calves never really got wet. Got in to take a shower and thought I had Hives, well Sunday crossed that out. it is Shingles ,on my right neck under my hair and beard , in my ear canal, front and back of ear and a little one above my right eye brow.. Got a anti viral prescription Monday, Saw Nurse Tuesday got 3 more prescriptions. One a pain killer for nerve pain, it said it would make me drowsy. After 2 nights of no sleep it acts more like a knock out pill.

1653572473563.png

Pictures were actually the first branding of the heifers' calves on May 7th, Yes my wife runs a knife and dose the cutting and pulling. Our picture taker is 7 months. The big branding she stayed in her house with the kids roasting the prim rib for the crew which was a little bigger that day.Oh the next picture notice the hokey shin guards.

Thanks for sharing.
Sue deserves a raise in wages. đź’–

Sorry about you having shingles. My mom had them by her eye. It was a bugger.
I hope you get them conquered soon. Did you have a shingles shot? We had them
years back but now they say they aren't good enough and want you to get a series
of 2. And they hurt. I don't remember shingles being so prevalent as they are now.

Thanks for sharing.
Sue deserves a raise in wages. đź’–

Sorry about you having shingles. My mom had them by her eye. It was a bugger.
I hope you get them conquered soon. Did you have a shingles shot? We had them
years back but now they say they aren't good enough and want you to get a series
of 2. And they hurt. I don't remember shingles being so prevalent as they are now.
Yeah I had the single shot it didn't Hurt Sue got her first of the 2 shot Tuesday when picking up my meds. Her arm still hurts. Got on on a eye brow, it staying small , but the one in my ear canal , out side and between my ear and head are causing the most trouble.

Branded the big bunch Saturday and Preg-garded the cows, Snow flurries off and on calves never really got wet. Got in to take a shower and thought I had Hives, well Sunday crossed that out. it is Shingles ,on my right neck under my hair and beard , in my ear canal, front and back of ear and a little one above my right eye brow.. Got a anti viral prescription Monday, Saw Nurse Tuesday got 3 more prescriptions. One a pain killer for nerve pain, it said it would make me drowsy. After 2 nights of no sleep it acts more like a knock out pill.
If the shingles are on your face be careful and talk to your doctor about a valacyclovir daily regimen for life. Once in your trigeminal nerve, it can get into the inner ear and destroy the balance and hearing nerves. It can also cause blindness or partial loss of vision. I am living proof that this isn't bull pucky. Even after the sores are gone, it can work silently and destroy brain nerves. Also, anything like daily vitamin D can help strengthen your immune system. Shingles can kill you or make you wish you were dead. Shingles, the Varicella Zoster virus, took away my independence. I can no longer drive in traffic or even ride a horse. It changed my world.

The Backwards B Bar goes back to great grandfather, grandmother to my granddad then me. Quarter circle 11 was neighbors place that my Granddad's brother bought, Sue and I bought the brand from his son's there is a forehead waddle that registered with it that I never skinned out. the U bar quarter circle, was my dad's he wanted a meat hook , as the family had a packing plant at the time , but this is what he got. My Daughter and Son inlaw own it.

Latest posts