• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Branding/blackmail pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
Branding season is starting to hit full stride in this part of the world. We could probably go to one a day for the next month. Anyway we went to one yesterday, and another today. Yesterday there was plenty of help, and I got some good pictures, but today, I didn't have time to get the camera out.

brandingDale001.jpg

Flyin S dragging one out. Check out his horn wrap. I did a poor imitation of his on mine.

brandingDale008.jpg

Lisa vaccinating, wearing her fancy leggins.

brandingDale011.jpg

My neighbor to the west. Across the hills, its 3 miles to his house. By the road, 35.

brandingDale013.jpg

High school kids are the back bone to a good branding. Notice how the scarf is staying put?

brandingDale009.jpg

My turn to rope. Should have put a ball cap in the pickup. Its hard to rope, when you have to keep your head tilted back, to keep your hat from ending up in Iowa.

brandingDale016.jpg

Me trying to herd a calf into my loop.

brandingDale017.jpg

Waiting in line.

brandingDale027.jpg

All in a line.

brandingDale031.jpg

The blackmail picture. :lol: Flyin S tryin to keep his cap on.

WP forgot to mention that we had probably at least a 35 to 40 mph wind yesterday. I am sure that I have roped in worse conditions, I just can't remember when. The good part of the wind is it gave me an excuse for my lack of ability.

Latest posts