• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Brands Of Chew

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cal said:
katrina said:
Sorry never chewed and neither does my hubby. But can't resist a really good cigar....
So that's why your picture by every post has yellow teeth. :lol: :lol: :lol: Bet you could clean them suckers with WD 40!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: Thats one for Cal..

I had an aunt on my bio-father's side of family who died of an "inherited form of enphysema"....she was 32, married and had 3 small children...she also smoked right up to the end!!!! I have been tested for the alpha-antitrypsin A genetic marker and I came back with a sad "positive"!! Normal levels of the alpha-antitrypsin A are 100-300 and my level was 73!! Lower than 80 is a definite positive....so....I now have to have my children tested, must avoid smoke and smoking and dust....yeah...try living at the end of a 2 mile long gravel driveway and avoid DUST!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Even sadder is the fact that demodriver's level was 79!!! No going into the Air Force Academy for her now!! Not really sure what the future holds for either of us, but the doc says it's a miracle that I am as healthy as I am considering I was raised in a household with 2 chain-smokers who did not believe in simple ventilation!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Cope.

For a llooooonnnngggg time. :lol:

I wrote this a long time ago. I don't do it when there are kids in the crowd as I don't want them starting a bad habit.

Snoose

What is it about snoose
With the little brown juice
That makes me feel so glad
I take a small dip
Put it into my lip
And I never feel quite so bad

It kills all the worms
Cuts down on the germs
Why, it'll help to heal a sore
When the supply runs low
I've just got to go
I run right over to the store

But nicotine is a crutch
And it's got me in it's clutch
The price is gettin' so high
So I've tried to quit
Tried not to spit
Chewed gum instead, with a sigh

But I get mean as a bear
I pull out my hair
My wife, starts to pack her bag
So it's back to the store
And get me some more
And I'm back on my ol' chewin' jag

It's not good for my health
And it's tough on my wealth
Some say, it will even kill
But when I am dead
And the words are all said
I want a chew, for the ride over the hill

I chewed quite awhile but finally quit. It wasn't easy.
My dad chewed after quitting smoking. He was riding out to check pastures one day, pulled the lid off his chew can, started taking a pinch and got to thinkin', "This is really a nasty habit." He put the lid back on and tossed the can.
Awhile later I saw him riding in circles, in tall weeds, looking for that can of chew.
Dad has been gone for a long time. While thinking about that incident a few years ago, I wrote this poem.
HOOKED

I toss and turn, I can't sleep,
I get up and walk the floor.
I'm yearning, burning and craving,
I've never wanted anything more.

Serum of need courses through my veins,
tortured thoughts, in my head.
Devilish, aching, raging lust,
relentlessly drives me from my bed.

I try to clear my head with thinking,
of things like fun, drink and food.
Even thought of taking a cold shower,
but I knew it wouldn't do no good.

I want to do right, but guess I can't,
…Kind of like that Jekyll and Hyde.
Ol' monkey's scratching and clawing,
and my guts are churning inside.

This senseless desire is driving me crazy.
I know now just what I have to do.
I've got to go try to find the spot,
where I chucked that can of chew.

When I chew I like Blood Hound.
bloodhoundchew.jpg
[/img]

My cousins(one of them was female) gave me a chew of Copenhagen, when I was about 6 yrs. old. I got sicker than a dog and can't stomach the smell of Cope ever since.
When my Grandpa was still alive, he chewed the old "plug" tobacco, once in a while.(The kind you carve off with a knife). I have no idea what brand it was, but he would sneak me a chew of that sometimes. I didn't mind that, but never did pick up the chewing habit.
I will, however, smoke pretty much anything I can light. :wink:

Been There said:
I chewed quite awhile but finally quit. It wasn't easy.
My dad chewed after quitting smoking. He was riding out to check pastures one day, pulled the lid off his chew can, started taking a pinch and got to thinkin', "This is really a nasty habit." He put the lid back on and tossed the can.
Awhile later I saw him riding in circles, in tall weeds, looking for that can of chew.
Dad has been gone for a long time. While thinking about that incident a few years ago, I wrote this poem.
HOOKED

I toss and turn, I can't sleep,
I get up and walk the floor.
I'm yearning, burning and craving,
I've never wanted anything more.

Serum of need courses through my veins,
tortured thoughts, in my head.
Devilish, aching, raging lust,
relentlessly drives me from my bed.

I try to clear my head with thinking,
of things like fun, drink and food.
Even thought of taking a cold shower,
but I knew it wouldn't do no good.

I want to do right, but guess I can't,
…Kind of like that Jekyll and Hyde.
Ol' monkey's scratching and clawing,
and my guts are churning inside.

This senseless desire is driving me crazy.
I know now just what I have to do.
I've got to go try to find the spot,
where I chucked that can of chew.

:D That's a good'un!

But waaaayyyy too true! :lol:

Had an old fellow here trenching one time . He threww his chew can out so I picked it up took the lid off and threw it for my dog to play with. Well my dog only picked it up once then Vomited. I told him that's what it does to a dog and he eats dead things :shock: :lol:

Copenhagen`!! :D its the next best thing to ***, and in some cases more satisfying :p I started chewin at about 12, and havent stoped since, I know it will prolly be the death of me, and i wish i could quit, But its been agreed by the folks surounding me that i continue to poisen myself into a early grave rather than they have to ever put up with me when im going without or tryin to cut back or quit. Even now that i drive a truck now its worse.. it got nuffin else to do but sit in the cab and enjoy my snuff.
SOOOO im makin myself this deal.. when i git outa this truckin deal I will quit.. it helps to have a goal.......
ummmmmm somebody has to quit smokin when i quit chewin... you know WHO you are:p

I also chew the dreaded Copenhagen, seemed like the thing to do at the time... I know three or four guys who have managed to quit, except when I run into them, and they borrow one.
Horseshoer, I hear you about the truck, it seems like the longer the hours, the faster the chew goes.

Have to admit it is "one" of my bad habits.Copenhagen original all the way.Started when I decided to try quitin" smokin yrs ago and have never tried to quit Cope???

Faster horses said:
I'm not OT, but it's close to $5/can here.
Good reason NOT to chew. :shock:

A can of chew in our town is $4.90 (including tax), and that is for 1.2 oz. Since there are 16 oz. in a pound, divide 16 by 1.2 = 13.333 cans per pound. That is 13.333 x $4.90 = $65.33 per pound. Copenhagen chew comes out to be $130,666.66 per ton. That makes Vigortone mineral look pretty cheap. :wink:

Faster horses said:
I'm not OT, but it's close to $5/can here.
Good reason NOT to chew. :shock:

Yep somewhere around that- if you run out and buy it in a bar its $6.00/can....I can buy the Grizzly for $2.45 a can.....

I can remember buying Copenhagen for $.19 a can...Biggest share of the cost now in Montana is the vice and sin taxes they just added....

Well, there is little else as pleasurable to me as pouring a CR and coke, taking a dip of cope, and leaning back with the ole 5 string on my lap and yarding a few tunes out of it. Kinda makes the whole world seem right.
Cope here is about $8 a can. For some reason we don't qualify for the grown up cans anymore either. Little 15g cans... can't go anywhere with just one can anymore. :? Lets see... $8 for 15g is $.533 per gram... times 446.43 to get a pound is $237.95 per pound $475,900 per ton. hmph.
Maybe if I bought a ton I'd get a discount???

Klinker said:
Greg, Just wondering what does a can of cope run up in canada?

And whats it run you in montana OT?
Canada it is $7.40 a can but half size now,only 15 grams,my granmother used to use more than that in a week

i shoulda became a tabacco farmer, I pay a average $7.50 a can,depending wher im at.. 1 can lasts about a day and a half..thats 20 tins of chew a month x $7.50 = $150.00 X 12 months = $1,800.00~!!!!! Ive been chewin since age 12..and im 38 now.. thats 26 years...X $1,800.00 = $46,800.00 ( im not gonna figure inflation that gits too complicated) ill prob be chewin for another 26 years sooooooo thats another $46,800 .. added up = $ 93,600.00~ :!: :!: :!: :!: :? :? :? :shock: :shock: :shock:

and lets figure all the bummed chews and call it a even $100,000.00

I REALLY GOTA QUIT>>> i could retire on all the money i save!

Latest posts