• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

BRANG THA TRAP LILLY!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
IMG_0617.jpg

I saw these porkies while feeding steers this morning.

IMG_0615.jpg

Tryin ta sneak up on em.

IMG_0614.jpg

bout as close as I could get,they're as wild as a corn crib rat.
good luck

Oh my goodness, you got em too!!!!! Looks like you got a lil albino piggy in yer bunch...hehe.
Hey, friend of ours was tellin us about how to build a trap that's cheap and works great, two bull panels, and t posts. set up in a heart shape. at top of the heart in the v....leave it open where they can squeeze thru, then when they get in, they can't go back out.......said they are catchin up to 9 at a time like that, we are fixin to ditch the hog trap we have and go with somethin like that.
And just what the heck are they rootin for, looks like yer rye grass is just dirt. I do see a couple green things stickin up, man I wish you could git some rain over there. Don't think I've ever seen the hill country look like that.

Guess if it gets bad, me and you can always start raisin hogs......LOL

Yup its dry IM watching my hay mighty close,I guess there are hundreds of ways ta trap pigs,one of the best is like you described simply because it's fast and dont take much work,start feeding em soured corn where you have seen sign,then take your "T" posts and cattle panels and build your trap,lots of configurations,one of the best that I have seen is simply a large square,with a funneled entry,wide at the start and narrow er as you build it into the trap & the bigger you make the trap the better it works I have seen many hogs in one in South TX.............good luck
PS Trappin em is the easy part,gettin em out might be a lil harder less you shoot em,because they can bite pretty good trust me on that!!!

Big Muddy rancher said:
Put the camera down and pick up the Ruger. Any president of the SSGA worth their salt could pick those off.

What do you thank of my political aspirations boy ?
good luck

Oh I know, they's mean critters.....boy can they snap them jaws and make them teeth pop at ya. We've always killed what we've caught, but if we get a biggun we've gotta woman down at Pumpville that's willin to pay $800 a head for em. She has a big ranch down there and has hunters that pay. One of the ones tearin up our pasture has a snoot that's ever bit of 5 inches wide, seen one place, perfect print of his snoot in the dirt. Was huge.

LOL one rule of thumb, ya dont ever seem em when ya got yer gun with ya, it's always when yer gonna run out there n do somethin real quick that ya end up seein em. I try to never leave the house without a gun of some sort.......just in case.

I have heard that there is a market for em around here too,but I cant say thats true for a fact.
They really arent as thick here in the Hill country as they are down south,some of those boys that trap & run em with dogs tell me they can sell em,one ole boy has a trap configuration that is on wheels and when he traps em he just hooks up to the trap with his pick up and hauls em to a pen or customer,or so he sez ?..............good luck

The two fellas that help us work cows, in their off time when not day workin for someone, that's what they do is trap em and they also hunt em with dogs and horses. They are averaging, 10 to 12 hogs a week, and sellin em for anywhere from $60 a piece for the lil ones, to $500 for anything over 250 lbs. They makin a nice lil chunk of pocket money just offa hogs, it aint work to them, they are youngsters and are havin a ball doin it.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
The two fellas that help us work cows, in their off time when not day workin for someone, that's what they do is trap em and they also hunt em with dogs and horses. They are averaging, 10 to 12 hogs a week, and sellin em for anywhere from $60 a piece for the lil ones, to $500 for anything over 250 lbs. They makin a nice lil chunk of pocket money just offa hogs, it aint work to them, they are youngsters and are havin a ball doin it.

Yup,sounds like those younsters got it going on,not sure about the buyer,can you imagine givin $500 for a wild hog :D ........good luck

LOL no I can't, that's why they end up sausage round here. Heck, last year we went to the freezer sale at the fair, with plans to buy one of the kids pigs that didnt make the premium sale. The were goin for $600 and up, and I said, nope aint gonna pay that for one, not when we got em runnin loose all over the place......fer free. (now if we can just catch some) :roll:

You can catch em,just dont get in no hurry,keep feeding em that sour mash,you'll get em.....................good luck
ps talk ta yall this evening gotta run to Fredericksburg.

Well Haymaker, one got away, went to check the trap this evenin, all the corn was gone, the gate was shut, and there was pig feet prints all in the bottom of the trap. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Its unlikely you will catch that one again,matter of fact you might wanna consider trying another location,cuz they aint dumb,just look dumb :D ..............good luck

Yeap I'll prolly go out there n drag it somewhere else, before I put more corn in it. Runnin outta time tho, be my luck we'll catch one tonight, when we aint got time to mess with it.

Latest posts