• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Brazil no threat to beef industry yet, say producers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PORKER

Reaction score
Wednesday, 01/06/2005

Australian beef producers believe Brazil has some way to go before it threatens our markets in Asia.

Nearly 40 cattle producers have just returned home from a study tour of Brazil's cattle country, looking at its Nelore and Brahman herds and management practices.

Pastoralist Reg Underwood, says while the industry has many strengths, Australia is still in front when it comes to markets and genetics.

I don't think they're that advanced with their markets, they're only just sort of starting, he said.

They eat 80 per cent of their own meat and only export 20 per cent.

Once they get going, yeah they'll be a threat to us for sure.

That labour situation they've got, they've just got a heap of people to employ and they keep machinery out and just use, you know, manpower.

yeah they eat 80 percent and export 20 becasue the best looking grass fed rib eye you have ever seen costs 3$........ brazil scares me.. it scares some of the smartest looking to the future cattle men that i know. its coming and its not looking good........

Latest posts