• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sw

Reaction score
We have had 1.25" of rain since yesterday morning, been snowing all day today and it is starting to stick. The roads are a greasy mess, can't do anything but stay in the house by the woodstove and play with the babies mother, but she is too busy canning spagetti sauce and making BBQ sauce from the tomatoes.

brrrrrr.jpg

Had to build a fire, makes me cold just looking out the window, froze going out through the cows and calves, sure am glad calving is almost at a standstill

corksnow.jpg

Its almost up to a short dogs belly, suppossed to be up to 6-7 inches by morning.

bridiesnow.jpg

I bet these guys wish they would of left for Texas a couple of days ago!!!

Just got home from several days of gathering cattle in the mountains, where we were rained on, snowed on, and about froze up. There was six inches of snow on the ground this morning, so it was chilly riding, and chillier holding for the sort. Its good to be home by the wood stove tonight!

Guess it is that time of year for you guys up north. Here in central Kansas it has been 90 plus the past few days and windy.. We are finishing up drilling winter wheat and calving fall cows. Have to start weaning spring calves the next couple of weeks. Going to put in cane sileage next week. It is to be in the 60s and 70s the rest of the week-more normal temps. and maybe some rain which would be welcomed. Have a great eve and hope you don't have snow all winter.

No kidding, I froze out just checking the cows and I was so glad not to have to be in the saddle. I have been cold more times in September and October than any other time of the year I think. You remind me of where I grew up in central Idaho, sometimes we were gathering stragglers out of the mountains in late November. I'm going back to the stove. :wink:

sw----just got home from Bozangeles (Bozeman for those of you not sure what i am talking about :wink: ) and the norris hill was a slick, greasy, no-visibility mess!!! :shock: :shock: Top speed was about 30 miles an hour and the "snain" (snow/rain) was coming down hard!!! Made for a tough time for the hubby and the hand to round cattle to ship out on thursday....mud and yuck everywhere!!! :shock:

We just slid into the yard from a feed supper at the community hall 15 miles south of us and my top speed in the sleet/slush/snow was 30mph. Snow is coming down in huge flakes with wind out of the north and we could barely see the road. Weatherman says we could get 4 to 8 inches before morning and for once he might be right.
I pulled all my tomato plants last night when I heard the forecast. Dang it, I wasn't ready for this - I HATE winter!!!

Latest posts