• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

BS

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancher

Reaction score
Mexican commission to give migrants maps showing roads, water stations in desert
Associated Press

MEXICO CITY -- A Mexican government commission said Tuesday it will distribute at least 70,000 maps showing highways, rescue beacons and water tanks in the Arizona desert to curb the death toll of illegal border crossers.

The National Human Rights Commission, a government-funded agency with independent powers, denied the maps would encourage illegal immigration. Officials said they would help guide those in trouble to rescue beacons and areas with cell phone reception. The maps will also show the distance a person can walk in the desert in a single day.

"We are not trying in any way to encourage or promote migration," said Mauricio Farah, one of the commission's national inspectors. "The only thing we are trying to do is warn them of the risks they face and where to get water, so they don't die."

But some advocates of greater immigration control were irritated by the map announcement.

"What's next, are they going to buy them bus tickets to Chicago?" said Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, a Washington-based think tank. "It's clearly a bad thing for Mexico to be encouraging illegal immigration."

Farah said the maps are not making it easier to cross the border, but are "simply making survival easier."

He estimated that around five hundred Mexicans died tried to cross the border in 2005. Many die in the desert, where summer temperatures soar above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and many drown while attempting to cross the Rio Grande river.

The commission plans to hang the poster-size maps in March in places where migrants will see them, such as migrant-aid groups, the commission's offices and in Mexican border towns.

They were designed by the Tucson, Arizona-based rights group Humane Borders, which operates some of the desert water stations. The group previously distributed about 100 posters in the Mexican border town of Sasabe.

Rev. Robin Hoover, president of Human Borders, said maps are needed in southern Mexico so migrants can weigh the risks before leaving home.

Some of the posters have warnings, such as "Don't go. There isn't enough water."

However, officials conceded many migrants were unlikely to heed the advice.

The posters are similar to a comic-style guide booklet for migrants distributed by the government in early 2005 that warned about the perils of crossing illegally into the United States, while offering tips to stay safe.

The booklet, of which about 1.5 million were printed, enraged some advocates of stricter immigration policies in the United States who argue that it encouraged illegal migration.

Farah said migration "is a human right" and that "the United States should be grateful" the commission is doing something to curb the death toll, because "hundreds of thousands of Mexicans help maintain their economy."

My only comment on that is, What shape would our economy be in if we DIDN'T have to support all those illegal immigrants, that are now on welfare, and have 6 kids, that are also on welfare??????

Who would be doing all the hard labor without all the immigrants? The first set that was imported way back yonder sure won't do it.

I wasn't referrin to the fact that they do the hard labor, yes some of them do, some of them do it legally, but the biggest majority of them do it, bein paid in cash, with no taxes bein paid at all, plus their wife, or whatever, is at home with all the kids, I have first hand experience with these cases. They are on welfare, foodstamps, etc and have several different names they go by, there for collecting under each name, plus the kids multiple times. I think that is just WRONG any way you look at it.
If they came over here and done things the legal way, and paid taxes just like the rest of us I wouldnt have a problem with it. We can't get away with havin 3 or 4 different alias' and collect a monthly check under each name. The reason I know they do this is, because I've had em come into the dentists office I worked at, knowing they'd been there before, but they 'forgot' the 'name' they used previously, and I'm lookin for a chart on someone I "KNOW" has been in before, but not under that name. I politely told them. "Please in the future, use the same name you used the first time you came in here" Also when "mama" opens up her purse and pulls out 14 different medicade cards, with the same first names and different last names, searchin thru them, handin them to me, to sort thru, because she can't read english or speak it..........good grief!!!!!

will these maps also help them dodge the bullets that the new Minutemen patrols will be shooting at them??

Soooo, if anyone who comes into this country, without those who live here's permission, wouldn't that make all of the pilgrim and anyone else who didn't immigrate legally, (like me :)) in the same boat, as those people who you are talking about now?

Guess who ever makes the gold makes the rules huh? :???:

Fine come here BUT we have LAWS follow them. If your suppose to get a social security card get it from the Government NOT buy it from Wilfredo (yes there was a wilfredo caught in Charlotte seelling ids) Food stamps are per family NOT 3 per family.......We speak english LEARN IT.
NO if I move to another country( which I will NOT) I would make it MY problem to learn the language.
IF you drive a car get insurance GET A Drivers Licence. Case in point....My car was hit 4 times as a woman backed OUT of the parking space. She drove off Thank God another parent got the tag number and for the next 3 days was looking for the car in the neighborhood. He found it and called police. She did not have a Drivers Licence gave expired insurance which they told me they had 3 other calls about her for that same day. All 4 acccidents were hit and run. The last major accident we had that closed down interstate 85 was due to a drunk driver with no licence or insurance. He lived and gave a fake name. The other driver ~father of 3 died at the scene. one of the local news channels did a check and found the name Jose Diaz was the most popular name given. They ran his report it was over 26 feet long.
PLease come to this country BUT follow the same laws as I do. If not Send them BACK.
I am tired of working to support my kids and seeing girls with 5 kids from k-4th grade driving a Lexus , their kids wearing cloths from "the gap" and "Old navy" hearing them brag in the hall how much money they get from the system. Telling each other the new way to get more money. If you call DSS they say there really isnt anyway to prove they are scamming the system. None of them have jobs nor plan on working. Hail why work when you can work the system.
What is getting worse is the drug problem.....When a 1st grader explains to you while your using chalk to explain solid, liquid. and gas, how Dad puts the powder on a spoon and puts fire under it then Mom breaths in the stuff and blows out a gas cloud. She tried it when she was 5 but it tasted nasty so she didnt do that experiment again. How another time she watches Mom cut a cigar and pulls all the stuff out and her and twin sister are to throw it away as Mom puts other stuff in and rolls it back up.

Call me what you will BUT I am tired of my taxes going up and having less to provide my children while I see massive abuse. If you call for change you get called a rasist. You get called a hate monger.
No I want people to come here to join our country BUT do it the legal way.

I think I want to ride MsSage's band wagon......I can ignore the Carolina Panther fan part, but the rest of her is right on track!

Wreck victims in state illegally

BOZEMAN - Three of the four men who died from injuries in a Jan. 3 crash on U.S. 191 south of here were living and working in Montana illegally, local immigration officials said.

Jose Guadalupe Rodriguez-Briseo, 24; Jose Antonio Rodriguez-Briseo, 22; and Armando Cervantes, 32, all had fake Social Security cards and were working illegally in Big Sky at the time of the crash, said Monique Hirko, an agent with the Helena office of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The men were from Mexico.

ICE officials declined to name their employer because of the ongoing investigation.

The immigration status of the fourth victim, Jesus Jose Marquez, 20, was unknown.

The Gallatin County Coroner's Office said all four men had been living in West Yellowstone and commuting to Big Sky.

The crash occurred about 20 miles south of Bozeman. The SUV carrying the four men hit a patch of ice, slid sideways and was T-boned by an oncoming van. Three of the four SUV occupants died at the scene. Marquez was taken to the hospital but died the next day from injuries.

The two passengers of the van were hospitalized but survived.

We (US citizens) will probably end up paying for Jesus Jose, the one that lived, for the rest of his life also....

Latest posts