• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

"Bubba"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
RioBubba.jpg

My name is "Bubba". I want to drive the mule. Am I greasy? [/img]

straight backed fat assed and length, I like him ..........good luck ps I dont see any grease on him LOL we better quit teasin faster horses,that lil mama can get mean when she needs to. :wink:

JB, you have got to be kidding!

Reminds me of the other day when I was talking with a rancher about carcass information on bulls. He said he knew a 'little bit' about it. So I showed him an information sheet and when we got to ribeye info, he said "Ribeye. Let's see. That's down by the brisket, in the chest isn't it?"

And on the bull, that's not grease, that's MUSCLE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"that's not grease, that's MUSCLE"

Ever eat muscle without fat?...It would choke a lion!!!!!! :twisted:

Mike please show me how you post a picture like you did this one. That photo bucket thing sure trimes the quality out of the pictures.

I just downloaded the picture in photobucket, selected the picture by placing a check in the box under the picture, highlighted "image" underneath the picture, copied it, went to new topic on ranchers.net and opened it, then clicked "Img" just to the left of URL above and hit paste. I think? :wink:

I will give it a shot next week when I get back to my high speed connection. I took today off to get ready around here for high wends. I may spend the weekend in Mobile if the weather gets too bad.

Faster horses said:
JB, you have got to be kidding!

Reminds me of the other day when I was talking with a rancher about carcass information on bulls. He said he knew a 'little bit' about it. So I showed him an information sheet and when we got to ribeye info, he said "Ribeye. Let's see. That's down by the brisket, in the chest isn't it?"

And on the bull, that's not grease, that's MUSCLE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ribeye. Let's see. That's down by the brisket, in the chest isn't it?" :shock: :shock: Faster horses - this is a prime example of why these posts are so important! Maybe some of these people who are raising cattle can really learn something - ANY thing would be a help! Sooner or later - what goes around comes around!

well, let's see, if you or your better half has a decent cookbook, you can figure out the basic cuts of beef or pork (or chicken, if you don't know!). there is NO excuse, in my little mind, for anyone who raises an animal for slaughter, to NOT know the basic (primal) cuts, much less the the basic cuts from the primals.

are we so far away from the basics? does not anyone in this country realize the behind the hamburger/steak/pork chop/ham there is an animal that dies?!!!

it's bad enough that the people in the city think beef comes in styrofoam packages, but when the people who actually PRODUCE the raw product don't even know how it's reduced from a 4-legged walking animal to the styrofoam package, that's just sorry.

i think every child in this country should have to take part in butchering, they should have to be hungry enough to not get squeamish about it... i'd best not go on...

Yes! We have a winner! :lol:

I noticed that most people pick their bulls in the mind of having a big deep hindquarter. While it will add to the weight, the long back is where the high priced cuts seem to come from.

According to Gerald Fry, high maternal qualities go hand in hand with easy calving. Cows should be very feminine and bulls should be very masculine. Makes sense to me.

Helped move some cows after we branded some late ones the other day and one of the guys bulls looked like a real poor steer with a cow head. He sure didn't impress me very much. But then he ain't runnin' with my cows either, so what the hell! :lol:

I thought you were kiddin' us, JB. Didn't really realize you were serious~

As for the bulls and the cows. Someone I know (can't remember who) says when women sit in a church pew, they should touch at the hip and men should touch at the shoulders.

Bulls should be bulls and cows should be cows.

One thing that kind of baffles me, is when buying a purebred Angus bull, everyone wants and looks for a bull with a big rear end. However, Angus is a maternal breed and a big rear quarter is a sign of a paternal breed~Charolais, Limo, etc.

So why are we looking for something paternal that could take the femininity out of Angus cows? Isn't that contradictory to the reason for Angus in the first place?

Here is some confusing terminology which ranchers don't seem to have problems with fortunately:

Why does a pork BUTT roast come from the shoulder??

nr said:
Here is some confusing terminology which ranchers don't seem to have problems with fortunately:

Why does a pork BUTT roast come from the shoulder??

The Boston Butt is from the butt end of the pork shoulder. The Shank portion is the smaller, other end.

One thing that kind of baffles me, is when buying a purebred Angus bull, everyone wants and looks for a bull with a big rear end. However, Angus is a maternal breed and a big rear quarter is a sign of a paternal breed~Charolais, Limo, etc

I don't think that a big rear end is a sign of not being maternal, there are blood lines that are very heavy muscled and still make very good fertile cows. It is just like every other trait that we select for, the more traits you selcet for the lower your standards have to be for the other ones. But i do agree that cow should look like cows and bulls like bulls.

Latest posts