• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

BUCK, a movie of the life of Buck Brannaman

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We got a chance to see this movie before its wide release -- it was excellent. It was really well done, and there was some tremendous footage of Buck at work too. Definitely worth seeing this one if it comes near you.

It'll be interesting to see how many non-ranchers come to appreciate the impact horses can have on peoples lives.

Also, the movie isn't all sad, it's got a few great chuckle points in it too. In my opinion Buck's (foster) Mom Betsy steals the whole show. She's something else!

kelpie&collie said:
We got a chance to see this movie before its wide release -- it was excellent. It was really well done, and there was some tremendous footage of Buck at work too. Definitely worth seeing this one if it comes near you.

It'll be interesting to see how many non-ranchers come to appreciate the impact horses can have on peoples lives.

Also, the movie isn't all sad, it's got a few great chuckle points in it too. In my opinion Buck's (foster) Mom Betsy steals the whole show. She's something else!

I agree with you 100%, it was a great documentary :) . Wasn't the lady with 18 stud horses, who took to his clinic an oxygen deprived orphan stud horse that used to live in the ladies house the worst?! I admire Buck for being able to deal with the various people he comes across... I couldn't do it. At least he didn't sugar coat the dangerous situation for her, probably saved her life.

I'm trying to find a movie about my mentor Charlie Maggini - I think it's called "The Bridle Man" and was Made in the late 60' or 70's
I knew charlie as a Hackmore Man - that's what he called himself...

Related Post:
http://www.ranchers.net/forum/post-528790.html

Just saw the movie, very good.
He even sounds like Ray Hunt sometimes.
In all my years, I have never seen a horse attack people before, that was really erie,,. I have seen a few charge, but not follow through.
I have heard of attacks, but never saw it before.
That horse would be shot right in the pen the first time I saw anything close to that at my place.
I've read his book "Faraway Horses", Also very good.
I'm gonna try to attend a clinic of his sometime.
L.A.

There is talk of making "Faraway Horses" into a movie.
There is another book co-written by Buck called "Believe"
which talks about how he has helped horses and people.

I still haven't been anywhere the movie is playing which
is disappointing. Keeping my fingers crossed tho. I think
it will be available for purchase as a DVD in October.

I've requested they bring it to our local theatre (which is 2 hrs away). I'm also on the waiting list for his Canadian clinic - not fussy, I'll take being a spectator, my ankle might not be healed enough anyhow.

FH - I'll buy it for you if you buy it for me :wink: a Christmas gift exchange :)

Saw the movie in Miles City last night. It was a bit different than I
thought it would be, then I remembered it was a documentary.
I think everyone would benefit from watching.

Some things were left out that I thought would have added to it,
but I'm no movie producer. :p

There was a 3 year old stallion that, as a colt, had been pulled from a dead mare and it was decided the colt had suffered lack of oxygen...and
was raised in a house on a bottle...and was very dangerous.
Buck said that horse came as close to being a predator as was
possible....very interesting...

I really hope they make Buck's book "The Faraway Horses" into
a movie.

Hey FH - it came Friday in the mail! I've watched it 3 times ... picking up things I'd missed on the first watch. You mentioned the stud horse scene - yup, I wanted to slap the lady up side the head but then I guess I don't have Buck's patience. :)

Off to see him 'live' on Nov 9-11. Looking forward to it, seeing as the Les Vogt clinic was cancelled, I'll still get my clinic 'fix' for 2011.

High River, AB. I'd video the whole darn thing .... but I don't think that will be allowed :) But for sure my cameras will be travelling with me.

Latest posts