• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

BUEATIFUL WEATHER IN THE TX HILL COUNTRY

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

Feeding some black cattle this morning and caught this armadigger watching me,kinda looks like big dummie with that long nose and beadie eyes ......................good luck & Merry Christmas.
tree4.gif

I spent a little time in the Hill Country and enjoyed it very much. You have a nice place.

sp said:
I spent a little time in the Hill Country and enjoyed it very much. You have a nice place.

Thank you sp,what part of the Hill country were you in ?..............good luck & Merry Christmas.

Soapweed said:
Good pictures, Hay Maker. So, what are armadillos good for? Does anyone make armadillo shell earrings? How about helmets for bicycle riders?

Thanks soapweed ,I wish I could find a use for the lil devils,cuz they are thick around here........................good luck

Haymaker- Love the little umbrella on your tractor :lol: ...Wouldn't be much good around here when its 20 below as even the heater in the cab of my loader tractor feels worthless about then........

Oldtimer said:
Haymaker- Love the little umbrella on your tractor :lol: ...Wouldn't be much good around here when its 20 below as even the heater in the cab of my loader tractor feels worthless about then........

I understand,but that lil umbrella,shore comes in handy in these TX hay fields come july,how's Gabes finger,look like it's gonna be alright ?............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Oldtimer said:

I understand,but that lil umbrella,shore comes in handy in these TX hay fields come july,how's Gabes finger,look like it's gonna be alright ?............good luck

Haymaker- Its doing great... Some of the end is going to sluff off, but the Docs' said in a little while you won't even be able to tell anything happened....The miracle of youth......

Well that's good news,he will be good as new in a few weeks,tell lil ole Gabe I said Merry Xmas..................good luck

Soapweed said:
Good pictures, Hay Maker. So, what are armadillos good for? Does anyone make armadillo shell earrings? How about helmets for bicycle riders?

Here is an idea, an armadillo pillow for the "hard"-to-please person on your shopping list. :wink:

After reading Hanta's craft idea maybe you could use the armadillo shell to make candles. (Of course with armadillo fragrance.)

nr said:
After reading Hanta's craft idea maybe you could use the armadillo shell to make candles. (Of course with armadillo fragrance.)

If you did make these armadillo shell candles, and if you were at a craft show and traded one of your products for another person's handiwork, you could say, "Boy that was an expensive trade, their (rope basket) cost me an armadillo and a leg."

Nevermind. That was pretty bad. :wink: :)

Where did all the armadillos come from? They seem to be over running us in the last few years. When I was a boy, I don't remember having them around. They are very destructive too. Dang things can root up a flowerbed in no time. And dig your lawn full of holes. In the early fall they get bad and the dogs bring up a few dead ones. Dern things get to stinking if you don't haul em off quick.
Some folks call them Opossum on a half shell.

Latest posts