• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

bull calfs

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowhunter

Reaction score
I got 3 buyers for my bull calfs when they get ready and my hiefers rented to. Ready, is when they get a little better than 300 lbs and have about 4 ins of horn. They won't the bull calfs left bulls. That suits me. Less work for us and less strain on them. I'm just goin to worm everything and brand the heifers because I'll be gettn them back. I got to start back ear tagin again. My minds not strong enough to remember and close to 100 head, the picture takein of the new calf aint gettin it. Is there any kind of vitimen that would might help with horn grouth? I know some of yall rope. What kind of weight do yall like to start them at? Do they keep them bulls or are most cut?

I keep good mineral and salt blocks with trace minerals for them. That antler grouth might be somethin to look into. I think they will make it like there goin. Just don't won't to have them pullin on there mamas goin into the fall. I could move them but I'd rather not. I should have about 20 more late calfs comein as well as a lot of my rent payment hiefers will be springin to. I'm goin to start cullin some of my older cattle and let trey have them to get him a start with. These little stunted x ropers will spit out a jackrabbit just as good as one of the biger cows. They can't eat as much either. People r tellin me there gettin harder to get so the price will get better. Right now, I'm just tryin to raise and breed a good strate runnin steer that can hold up and build up some good customers to cater to.

Latest posts