• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bull picture

Help Support Ranchers.net:

AngusCowBoy

Reaction score
Bull we bought last year out of Sav Net Worth 4200
newbull.jpg

Thanks Soapweed, last year he was out with the heifers, this year he will be on some of the cows.

Tahnks Elwapo, were excited to have his first calve on the ground in a week or so, hopefully none in the storm this weekend, we lost one this morning out of a cow that wasnt showing to much, but she had him out in the open in the middle of the night, and we havnt been checking at night becuse tey arnt very close so he was a goner unfortinatly.

Heres some of his numbers
BW:75
WW:772
YW:1266
SC: 39.5
EPDS
BW:2.7
WW:56
YW:103
M:28
SC:+1.03

AngusCowBoy said:
Heres some of his numbers
BW:75
WW:772
YW:1266
SC: 39.5
EPDS
BW:2.7
WW:56
YW:103
M:28
SC:+1.03

with the 2.7BW, i'd be keepin an eye on those heifers. :wink: what is his CED?

He's a fine looking bull. I've used a lot of Net Worth and I'm finding him to be a tremendous cowmaker. Very thick, easy fleshing type of cows. I don't want to alarm you but I would watch those heifers very carefully and try not to give them any more protein than they need right up next to calving. From what I've seen Net Worth is not a calving ease bull because of the thickness of the calves at birth.

Yea the heifers get watched pretty closely, his ced is 6, and I'll try get a new picture of him today if I get time.

traveler004 said:
He's a fine looking bull. I've used a lot of Net Worth and I'm finding him to be a tremendous cowmaker. Very thick, easy fleshing type of cows. I don't want to alarm you but I would watch those heifers very carefully and try not to give them any more protein than they need right up next to calving. From what I've seen Net Worth is not a calving ease bull because of the thickness of the calves at birth.

How are the feet and udders on those Net Worth daughters?

That's the kinda bull i need, put some quality in these few scrubby cows I have left.
good luck

AngusCowBoy said:
Yea the heifers get watched pretty closely, his ced is 6, and I'll try get a new picture of him today if I get time.

FWIW...i prefer an 8 CED or higher for bulls used on heifers. but we must remember what the E in EPD stands for. :wink:

best of luck, i bet your bull with give you a heck of set of calves.

We ended up buying 2 more bulls this spring for the cows and heifers the one thats going on the heifers is a Sav Clark son or a Hoover Dam son havnt decided yet, we havnt got them home yet, but when we do I will get pictures, they are both under 1 for BW epd and at least a 7 for ced

Bent C Angus said:
traveler004 said:

From what I've seen in our herd the udders are very good. The feet are ok. He won't correct foot problems but he won't make them either from what i've seen.

How's the dispostion in him. A lot of the net worth sons I've seen are pretty woofy. I wouldn't use them just for that fact. I am sure they are like anything some are good and some are bad.

Looks like a dandy bull though!

His disposition is pretty good, but I have also heard some of the Net Worths can get a little wild.

traveler004 said:
Bent C Angus said:
traveler004 said:

From what I've seen in our herd the udders are very good. The feet are ok. He won't correct foot problems but he won't make them either from what i've seen.

Much appreciated. I've been meaning to make a couple phone calls and learn a little more about him.

Latest posts