• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bull Sale

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rkaiser

Reaction score
Hay Macon, is it allright for me to put up a link to my web page and bull sale.

Maybe my catalog will prompt the old Gopher Trapper to take a bunch of pictures of the gophers he plans to ambush and write a little story about each of them. :lol:

http://www.westernrancher.com/CelticCattle.html

Not yet Manitobadaffyduck. Just finished building the catalog yesterday. At the printers this week.

Sandhusker - Average weight of OUR Welsh Black cows is 1350 mature.
1150 to 1500 again mature.

Average weight of OUR Galloway cows is 1250 mature.
1100 to 1450 again mature.

What I want to know is how such a crotchedy pessimistic grump Canuck got such a sweet good looking young wife? :wink: :lol: ......

Good looking cows-- and you are a good looking couple :D ........

Yeh OT, I have to ask the same question?

You don't look like the toothless backwoods packer blaming whiskey drinking neanderthal I had you pegged as. You actually look intelligent. LOL! Elton John might even think you're kinda cute. LOL!

Seriously, all sabor rattling aside.

Nice web site.

Tell me a little more about Welsh Black and Galloway. The haircoat is obvious. What other attributes are there? Fertility? Thriftiness in harsh environments? Feed efficiency? Milk? Disposition? Calving ease?

Are there many Welsh Black and Galloway in Canada?

I was under the impression that Galloway cattle run a little smaller framed.

How do they compare with Salers for fertility and for scratching out a living in tough environments?

Tell me more!

Can they catch gophers? LOL!

I really like the looks of that top bull. He appears to be pretty thick with good conformation and a good head on him.

~SH~

Yeh OT, I have to ask the same question?

You don't look like the toothless backwoods packer blaming whiskey drinking neanderthal I had you pegged as. You actually look intelligent. LOL! Elton John might even think you're kinda cute. LOL!

Seriously, all saber rattling aside.

Nice web site.

Tell me a little more about Welsh Black and Galloway. The haircoat is obvious. What other attributes are there? Fertility? Thriftiness in harsh environments? Feed efficiency? Milk? Disposition? Calving ease?

Are there many Welsh Black and Galloway in Canada?

I was under the impression that Galloway cattle run a little smaller framed.

How do they compare with Salers for fertility and for scratching out a living in tough environments?

Tell me more!

Can they catch gophers? LOL!

I really like the looks of that top bull. He appears to be pretty thick with good conformation and a good head on him.

~SH~

Well boys, what can I say. I had em knocking down my door until I decided on this one. Women, that is, Mr. Huber. Just because our Liberal Anti homophobe government allows their gay marriage thing doesn't mean there aren't as many redneck here in Alberta as there are in trailer parks like yours in South Dakota.

The thriftiness you mention is definitely a major attribute of either breed, but think of the other advantages of hide and hair in a finishing situation. One of the major concerns with the Angus cattle that currently RULE North America is the bark, and I'm not talking about that which proceeds a bite. The continental European cattle brought lean on the first boats over, but had to change in a major way to compete with Angus in so many other ways. In fact Angus have now changed faster than the continentals could and have even become stronger.

Take most traditional Angus characteristics, and their ability to marble, and dispose of some backfat and Wala - Welsh Black.

Change was an important word to use in that last paragraph. Change in any breed is possible and Angus has proven that as well as any. Change is also what we needed in OUR version of Welsh Black cattle 15 years ago. I started with them at that time due to an OPTIMISTIC (just for you Oldtimer) vision of where a virtually unknown breed could be in 10 to 15 years with proper selection. Our goals for our herd may differ than others, but that can be said for any breed of cattle. I wasn't quite pigheaded enough to create my own hybrid breed like many others before us. Just saw most of what I could already use in the Welsh Blacks.

You are correct about the Galloways usually being smaller Scott, same words as the above paragraph would apply. As far as comparing to Salers. I have quite a number of friends with Salers who are attempting to saw their legs off and thicken them up. HMMM. What was it I said before. Wala.

As for Gophers Scott, I have to say that I almost cut loose on our Ivomec rep. one winter. I saw this lump on the back of one of my Galloway cows and thought it was a Warble cocoon. Turned out to be a gopher tangled up in her hair. OR not.

Mr Kaiser,

Good looking set of bulls !!Sure hope we can get one bought this year and put him to work on some of our cows!!! IS the sale going to be on TEAm again this year?

Randy,

Jason is dropping in here on Monday for a visit. Ill have to tell him that I seen TEAM mentioned on ranchers. Maybe he'll give you a discount on the commission he charges. :wink: Youve got some darn good bulls listed on TEAM you should be darn proud of what you have raised!!! :!:

TEAM is sure the way to promote your cattle to a wider audience! Jason Danard does a darn good job of promoting the sales and making the internet end of it run smoothly. We sold feeders on there in July and we were real happy. Also its nice to bid from from the comfort of the office! :wink:

Latest posts