• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bulls and calves (pics)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ned Jr.

Reaction score
Here's a couple herd bulls.

CopyofCopyofIMG_1690.jpg

Same bull as the one above.

IMG_1694.jpg

This bull is a frame 5 bull. He hasn't seen anything but grass since he was bought as a yearling. He's 4 now. He bred around 40 head for one of his other owners last fall.
IMG_1761.jpg

A few 6050 calves born in March and April.
IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

A couple 5603 calves.
IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

And some 175 sons.

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

Here's one from awhile back. Ever had one of those days? :D

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

Horseless said:
The cattle look good. What's the name of the sire in the top pictures?

The top two are of 175.

I'll be gone all day today, sending some bulls to Texas.

Outstanding cattle on a beautiful place. Those cattle have got me to thinking that if there were herefords like that 35 years ago, there would likely still be herefords on this place.
Thanks for the pics, keep them coming please.

very nice! I like the build of the bulls, but would like to see more hair on him. but he sure thows some fine calves!!

>>I'll be gone all day today, sending some bulls to Texas.<<

Leaving God's country for a trip down here to Hades?

Whereabouts?

Thanks for all the nice replies everyone. :D

nortexsook said:
>>I'll be gone all day today, sending some bulls to Texas.<<

Leaving God's country for a trip down here to Hades?

Whereabouts?

I didn't have to take them all the way but they're heading for south-east Texas, over by the gulf. They'll go on some Brahma cows. The guy buys bulls by the pot load and I've helped fill the trailer the last two years. Good place for me to go with any bulls that pap high or have a little extra birth weight, neither matters much down there.

Northern Rancher said:
Do you have a piucture of that four year old bulls mother?

I don't. When I purchased 5603 his dam was a younger cow and looked to have an acceptable udder, not great but acceptable. The last time I seen her her teats were longer than what I like to see. 5603's sire, 286, throws nice females with great udders. So far 5603 daughters seem to be more like his sires than from his dam. I calved out his first set of daughters this year and the calves by their side seem to be growing well.

Northern Rancher said:
Do you have a piucture of that four year old bulls mother?

I have a few new pictures. :D

Here's a paternal sister to that bull, I have eight of them.

IMG_1794.jpg

5603 from behind.

-2.jpg

471, a five year old bull.

IMG_1822.jpg

175 a eight year old bull.

IMG_1839.jpg

175 son.

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

A few bull calves.

IMG_1838.jpg

Happy 4th of July.

IMG_1842.jpg

I'm maybe showing my ignorance of the Hereford breed here but some of the calf pictures show cattle that look pretty shallow to my eye. Maybe it's the stage they are at but the first 6050 calf, the first 5603 calf and the last 175 in particular look to lack depth and body. Not trying to run your cattle down - just seeking to learn as I sometimes see things differently to others. I always really enjoy your herd bull pictures - they have piles of depth and are very correct cattle. Love the scenery too.

Latest posts