• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bulls Out Today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
Road is kind of dry this morning and rain in the forecast today so the bulls to Morrison Meadow will get hauled out a day early.
Most of the home bunch of cows are close to the ranch so those bulls will just go through a gate to the girls.
The range is still really wet, Debbie made it a bike length off a logging road 2 days ago onto a trail in an old logging block and sunk to the frame.

Will try to remember the camera on my way out.

I buried a ranger up to its eyeballs in the lane-way leading up to the loading chute the day before yesterday. It needs to be dry for cow moves next week. Gravel coming on Tuesday.

Your bulls should be much happier now.

gcreekrch said:
Road is kind of dry this morning and rain in the forecast today so the bulls to Morrison Meadow will get hauled out a day early.
Most of the home bunch of cows are close to the ranch so those bulls will just go through a gate to the girls.
The range is still really wet, Debbie made it a bike length off a logging road 2 days ago onto a trail in an old logging block and sunk to the frame.

Will try to remember the camera on my way out.

That's how it starts Gcreek! :shock: One day early and pretty soon you'll be calving in January with Soap and the rest of us fools! :wink: :lol:
We have finally dried out a little. Thunder storms last night only sprinkled the dust. Grass is pretty this year. I'm about to go crazy not having our home computer working yet. I'd love to post some pictures but such is life!

Think I got three photos from the first load, then I stayed busy trying to beat the weather. Got the last ones turned out the gate and the sky opened up. The Good Lord was definately answering a prayer and on the cowboy crew today. :D

Don't get your hopes up H, they actually went out a day later than last year. :wink:

Debbie got a few sheep in the barn while they were dry so I will be a half-fast sheep shearer this afternoon. I know...... it's late for that too.

Our driveway has a 200 yard stretch of frostboils that won't dry up until late. We have some felt carpeting to put down if we ever get a week of dry to do the job right. I'm going to strip the gravel off with the excavator, lay the carpet, pull the ditches and then replace the gravel.
Should work.

gcreekrch said:
per said:
Would that be "Red" carpet?

Unfortunately it is grey like the sky but if you are planning a visit we can always make believe it's red. Nothing too good for royalty! :wink:

You should lay some heat pipes under the carpet and then cover your driveway :p ...

I turned out bulls for cleanup today on the 90 cows we AI'ed a couple weeks ago not in a real big hurry this year either live calves are most important.

Latest posts