• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bush Has Lots of Company in Disapproval

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jinglebob

Reaction score
Monday, 06 August 2007
According to a telephone survey of 1005 adults conducted July 27 - 30 by The Wall Street Journal just 31% of Americans approved of President George Bush. However, some prominent institutions scored even lower. For example, the nation's religious leaders only got 27% approval; the national news media 18%; Wall Street 16%; large corporations 11% and health insurance companies 10%. The Federal Government, as a whole, garnered only half of Bush's support at 16%. Pollster, Peter Hart, said there was sense that "every single one of these institutions is totally out for their own betterment, versus the public they serve." The two institutions Americans most approved of were the military at 67% and small business at 54%.

That ol " Misery loves Company" trickery won't work!!!!

I am surprised that preachers scored as high as they did!!!!!!

Larrry said:
Seems to me they scored higher than the dem controlled gov. Very interesting.

READ AGAIN...It's says the Fed Gov't AS A WHOLE got only 16%....that includes Reps also....or are ya'll gonna leave the Union and we have to do that messy business all over again???

kolanuraven said:
Larrry said:

READ AGAIN...It's says the Fed Gov't AS A WHOLE got only 16%....that includes Reps also....or are ya'll gonna leave the Union and we have to do that messy business all over again???

Why? You want to get your butt whipped again? :wink:

Jinglebob said:
kolanuraven said:
Larrry said:

Why? You want to get your butt whipped again? :wink:

I ain't skeered of anyone who wears pink shirts !!!

Problem with this poll is that it is about the fed government in general but that is peoples disapproval of othre states/districts reps and senators.. .. If they went district by district they might get a different percentage.. There isn't a man or woman in this state right now that could beat Durbin or Obama in an election.. I don't think Feinstein or Boxer are exactly unpopular in their districts/state..

flrooster said:
we aint gonna lose this time, we've had all this time to plan. :D :D besidesall the yankees live down here now.

Never thought of it like that....but...you are right. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We're hip deep in them up here in N Ga also!

You should try to put up with them up here.. :lol: :roll:

No matter how many move down to Florida,.. we still have plenty of them left..

(maybe red neck girl would come up and go out drinking)...

[/quote]

Steve said:

You should try to put up with them up here.. :lol: :roll:

No matter how many move down to Florida,.. we still have plenty of them left..

(maybe red neck girl would come up and go out drinking)...
[/quote]

What do you mean? YOU ARE ONE OF THEM!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

KolanuRaven
What do you mean? YOU ARE ONE OF THEM!!!!!

I lived in Hawaii,..it didn't make me Hawaiian..
I lived in Scotland,..some how I never became Scottish..
I may live up here,..but I don't think I will ever become a north-eastern liberal...

Steve said:
KolanuRaven
What do you mean? YOU ARE ONE OF THEM!!!!!

I lived in Hawaii,..it didn't make me Hawaiian..
I lived in Scotland,..some how I never became Scottish..
I may live up here,..but I don't think I will ever become a north-eastern liberal...

None of the mentioned places are below the Mason-Dixon Line....thus you ARE a YANKEE!!!!

You're like Cheney now are ya? :roll:

KolaneRaven
None of the mentioned places are below the Mason-Dixon Line

actually the Mason-Dixon line would cross, at "the Delaware River Gap to Little Egg Harbor".. which is 27 miles north of here....

Steve said:
KolanuRaven
None of the mentioned places are below the Mason-Dixon Line

I think Hawaii is below the Mason Dixon line...

and I did live in Charleston South Carolina,..

You're just hunting reasons here....you must REALLY want to be Southern REAL bad due to all these excuses here.

We're an exclusive club down here Stevie....( in more way than one!! :shock: ).

As a member of the Lee Society...I hereby do declare you a Yankee!!!! :wink:

Up here in Montana we always get considered "Yankees"- but actually Montana was only a territory- and wasn't either Yankee or Reb....From the Montana history I've read, many of the population at that time (mostly gold miners) were sympathetic to the south--and were called Copperheads--which forced old Abe to send troops to the territory to protect the gold they needed to keep it from getting in the hands of the Confederacy....They were afraid the whole territory may declare itself with the Confederacy....

In fact many believe that several of those hung by the Vigilantes were actually Copperheads that were trying to steal/get gold for the south...

As strongly as I feel about states rights- and the Feds keeping their noses out of the states business, I probably would have been a Copperhead too if I'd lived back then...

This is a very interesting 30 page essay on the Civil War in Montana-- and how much the south/Confederacy had an influence in the state...

http://www.newpsych.org/virginia/cwmt.htm

The South won the war in Montana. Citizens of Virginia City celebrated the assassination of President Lincoln. All over Montana the Rebels enjoyed their ability to disrupt Sidney Edgerton's government. They outnumbered and outvoted him on all kinds of issues. They could turn out six hundred Democratic votes in towns of one hundred. They didn't need to flaunt their ability to flood the ballot boxes, they had the plurality anyway, but they loved to do it.

Latest posts