• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Calf is NOT female or male

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Kenkay

Reaction score
I have a calf approximately 2 months old & it is not considered a male or female. It urinates from an opening under it's belly located about 7 - 8 inches behind where it should be if the calf was a bull. It has no testicles. The calf is very healthy looking. Has anyone ever heard of such? I have not contacted a veterinarian about this yet.

Hermaphrodite ? Or is it one that you bought that was fixed that way by a previous owner- and then dumped thru the sales ring ?

This day and age, plumbing doesn't matter - only what you want to be. Have you asked the calf what it feels like inside?

Re. "fixing it that way", isn't that usually done when a steer has urinary calculi? And wouldn't that be unusual in such a young calf?

mrj

Kenkay said:
I have a calf approximately 2 months old & it is not considered a male or female. It urinates from an opening under it's belly located about 7 - 8 inches behind where it should be if the calf was a bull. It has no testicles. The calf is very healthy looking. Has anyone ever heard of such? I have not contacted a veterinarian about this yet.

Kenkay,
What is the update? Did you call a veterinarian?

Let us know... If its a bull testicles might have not dropped yet, and inside still. could be dangerous?

The calf is very healthy & growing nicely. I haven't contacted a vet about it though. Thanks!

Latest posts