• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Calgary Stampede is on RFD-TV

Help Support Ranchers.net:

MC, 850 is Latino station for me. I have Dish. Casper rodeo (Central Wyoming Fair and Rodeo) is on now. Tonight it is
Calgary Stampede , Pikes Peak next and at 9:30 Sheridan. They talk way too much (except for the Indian announcer to the Indian Relay Races--they can't call him racist because he is an Indian) on Sheridan Rodeo and don't post the times or the scores. Aggravating. Casper they post the names and the times/scores.

Watching Calgary steer wresting and saw Jesse Brown from Baker City with a good time. I knew his folks and uncle and aunt back in the day. Dalton Massey from Hermiston was just a bit off but still did a respectable time. Blake from Heppner was way off and didn't get his steer down. I think these were the final 3rd run. All in all our Eastern Oregon boys did us proud. Still upset with myself for having the Cowboy channel ever since it launched and not knowing it. This is the best way to watch rodeo for me with my age and disability and generally cranky attitude with crowds, drunks, and rude people that seems to flock to rodeos. Besides, I can pause, fast forward, and rewind, and no binoculars and nose bleed.

Last edited:
There is a bronc riding tonight in Baker City. We are going. Flying 5 supplies the broncs. I got to thinking. It was 50 years ago 4th of July weekend the first time I got on a Flying 5 bronc. That was at Molalla Oregon. I wonder if Sonny Riley or Don Hutsell will be there tonight or if the younger generation is running it. We were all so much younger back then.

Chad took over ownership from his dad Don last I heard, but that was a few years ago before my cousin that knew them died at age 98. She was involved with the Ellensburg rodeo back in the day. I think that is how she knew them.

Did anyone see the Sheridan rodeo where the bronc wouldn't come out of the gate and just stood calmly with a look as if to say, "I don't get fed good enough to participate in this nonsense" hahaha!

Chad took over ownership from his dad Don last I heard, but that was a few years ago before my cousin that knew them died at age 98. She was involved with the Ellensburg rodeo back in the day. I think that is how she knew them.

Did anyone see the Sheridan rodeo where the bronc wouldn't come out of the gate and just stood calmly with a look as if to say, "I don't get fed good enough to participate in this nonsense" hahaha!
I knew that Chad took it over. I also realize that I was 19 back then and they were older than me. I will be 70 next month and they both have to be over 80 or pushing mighty hard. I was just kind of thinking it would be fun to see them. Oh well, I know we will see some horses that buck.

I knew that Chad took it over. I also realize that I was 19 back then and they were older than me. I will be 70 next month and they both have to be over 80 or pushing mighty hard. I was just kind of thinking it would be fun to see them. Oh well, I know we will see some horses that buck.
I looked him up and Don is 75. Maybe you will see him tonight. That would be awesome. I will be 71 this fall so 75 doesn't sound all that old to me.

Well it wasn't Big Bend/Flying 5 who had the stock at Baker City. I don't know why as they had it for years. It was Powder River with some from Outlaw Buckers and Daniel Beard. They did buck. It is appropriate to have Powder River Rodeo bring stock. Even though they are from Wyoming because the Power River flows right through Baker City. In fact it is probably only a block or so from the arena. And Daniel Beard, I rode at a lot of his grandpa (Frank Beard) rodeos. Knew his uncle Pat fairly well back in the day. And a real good practice horse I had carried his great grandfather's brand. Rodeo is a pretty small world.

Latest posts